🌹Chapter 13🌹

|Previous chapter:

I sensed the other sides come to stand behind me, and they each froze just as I had.

What shocked us was the sight in front of us.

There, sitting up on the couch and looking around the room with his back towards us, was none other than Virgil.|

TW: Very, very brief mention of suicide

Virgil POV:

After I said that I had to go back, the other me smiled and slowly walked away, leaving me alone in the now dark room.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, waiting to go back.

I felt the darkness closing in on me, and, before I could make a sound, the feeling of the couch appeared under me.

Pausing for a few seconds, I took a few more deep breaths to prepare for the world I had to face. Well, I tried to take deep breaths.

I had forgotten that my lungs were filled with petals, and the deep breaths only led to a coughing fit. I rolled onto my side and coughed while petals fluttered out of my mouth and onto the floor.

After a few seconds, the coughing subsided, allowing me to breathe. I sat up on the couch and held immediately got a headrush. Putting my head in my hands, I waited for my vision to clear and my head to stop pounding.

Once the pounding stopped, I lifted my head and looked around the living room. For the most part, it looked the same, except it looked like Logan had brought all his work out here. There was a desk covered in books and papers in the middle of the room, and Logan's tie was draped over the back of the chair.

"Virgil?"

I heard someone say my name, and I turned around to see Deceit standing in the doorway with Patton, Logan, and Roman standing behind him. Deceit gasped and ran over to me, pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

"De. Can't. Breathe." I managed to get out.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry," Deceit said, letting go of me.

I smiled at him while I caught my breath, only to be interrupted by a fit of coughing. Petals escaped my mouth and settled on mine and Deceit's laps.

I heard a gasp from behind me and saw Patton run over to where I was.

"Oh my gosh, kiddo," he said. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me over. "Are you okay? Why are you coughing up petals?"

I looked down at my hands and fidgeted with the edge of my bandage.

"Uh..." I stalled, not wanting to tell Patton that I was in love with someone that didn't love me back. I knew that I'd eventually have to tell him, but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon.

Oh well, might as well get it over with.

"I have something called Hanahaki Disease," I started to explain. Roman and Logan had walked over to where I was and sat on the floor next to the couch. "A person gets it when they fall in love with someone and the person doesn't love them in return."

I heard Roman audibly gasp when he heard the part about the unrequited love. Makes sense, since he's the most romantic side of all of us.

"What are the symptoms of this disease?" Logan asked. I looked over to him and saw that he had pulled out a notepad and was writing what I said down.

"Well," I said, looking back down at my hands. "The person's lungs fill up with rose petals and they cough them up."

"Is there a cure?"