| 05 | (BWWM) 📋

SUPPLY RUN - IN TOWN
How could he resist kissing such a sweet face?

After they finished loading the rest of their purchases into the vehicle, Angel walked to the passenger side of the SUV as Cole followed close behind her. When resistance prevented her from opening the door, she whipped around to see what was wrong.

Crystal clear blues held her with a grin crinkling the corners of his eyes as he towered over her. Angel stifled a chuckle as the mischievous giant leaned in backing her into the door. Had she any concerns about Cole's true feelings for her, he laid those fears to rest as his hands came to cup either side of her face. Before Almighty God and everyone, the mountain of a man leaned in to claim his woman's lips.

Angel's powers to ignore or banish people from her presence never faltered until she crossed the line with Cole. The man was uniquely gifted with charm that would melt the most frigid heart. As she melded into the granite statue, he sucked in her bottom lip helping her to see just how much she made him feel like a real man. The couple was locked in their little paradise for two when someone eased up to the back of their vehicle. When they still hadn't acknowledged Mr. Parson's approach, his knock on the back-passenger door brought them out of their haze.

"I don't mean to interrupt you love birds, but some odd look'n fellas came up here, couple of weeks back, looking for someone who matched your description." The old man shared as a withered aged finger pointed straight at the young stranger.

Angel and Cole exchanged glances between each other and then back to the old shopkeeper.

With worried-riddled eyes locked on her man, she communicated her confusion regarding the information and what it meant for them.

"Mr. Parson, do you remember what those men looked like?" Cole asked the older man with a raised eyebrow.

The senior rubbed his forehead as if the action would stir up his memories. He raised his eyes skyward as he reflected on the question and patted his lips with the pads of his fingers until he was ready to answer the question.

"One of those fellas was muscled but kinda on the small side. He had a bald head and weasel-like shifty eyes. There weren't nothing sincere or trustworthy about that youngster, so I told him that no one matching that description had been seen in these parts," the old man recalled.

The couple remained in place as he finished what he had to say.

"I can't see why anyone would give those good-for-nothings any information, but I think you should know what's going on just in case someone did tell them something."

Angel watched as rage flashed across Cole's eyes. There were too few instances when she witnessed him truly upset, but the mention of people from his past always produced a similar reaction. With her knowledge of Cole's past life, she considered that Mr. Parson was describing someone who was familiar to Cole.

"I suggest y'all young people be careful. From time to time, bad elements roll into town. Eventually they move on, but those young men looked like they might not be too fond of this little darling right here." The old man smiled as his gentle gaze landed on Angel's face.

Angel saw that the information hinted at a major problem based on Cole's irritated response. With his skin turning beet red, she waited for Cole to say something before sharing her input regarding the matter.

Cole shook the old man's hand and thanked him for the heads up. They entered the vehicle and made their way across town with the news sitting squarely on their minds.

"Baby. I don't know how you feel about guns, but we need to get a few things for protection." His statement confirmed to Angel just how serious the information shared by Mr. Parson had been. She bobbed her head up and down in agreement as she followed his lead.