| 10 | (BWWM)

FLASHBACK TO ANGEL'S LIFE BEFORE SHE MET COLE

The couple could no longer resist the urge to explore one another's every sexual desire. KB was a man who enjoyed a woman's presence, even though he never allowed himself to get close to most women. People thought he was a playboy, yet he was far from it.

When he made love to Angel, she always spent time adoring his body. Old scars from childhood surgeries made his body look like Frankenstein in KB's mind. He knew his body would be the test that determined how they would proceed.

"Why do you have so many scars?" She asked one day after an intense grinding sex session. Angel was in tears after the way he pushed her to the limits of sexual pleasure. KB had a tongue that was skilled in the art of driving a woman insane. His long stroke only sealed the deal after he made her cum repeatedly. The sensation between her thighs was highly sensitive. A breath, a flick or any manipulation at all would topple her completely off of her sanity.

She could no longer resist the urge to kiss and adore him after receiving her sexual pleasure which was so far from amateur. If he could package his skills and sell them, he would make millions of dollars. Angel lay on his chest caressing his body. Her fingers danced along the length of each scar and finally, she could not resist the urge to place loving kisses in the places where she imagined he suffered tremendously.

"Sweetie, please tell me what happened." Her concern for him was undeniable, but KB wasn't ready to share the tragedies of his life.

"Baby, don't worry your pretty little head about that, okay? It happened a long time ago, but I am 100% fine now." He kissed her forehead and quickly escaped to prevent further exploration into the signs of his tortured past. The subject was closed, and he was thankful that she didn't make a big deal of it.

||-||-||

Their relationship could not be hidden because KB was insistent on letting the whole world know that she was his lady.

After he saw how Angel handled his attention and the anomalies associated with his body, KB began to show up at her job and just hang out in her office. He was becoming a bit of a pest and of course, by now, everyone knew they were dating. Due to their company's ethics clause, she assembled a team to take over his financial portfolio. There was no way she would set herself up by handling a client's finances while sleeping with him.

"You are just like a kid. Why do you come here to harass me when I'm trying to work?" She complained as he moved her away from her computer and insisted that she spend more time with him.

"No one is making you work here. You could come work for me and we could see one another all day every day." He flashed her a pearly white smile. Angel cocked her head to the side and looked at the man before her through squinty eyes. If she didn't know any better, she would say he was in love. What scared her more than anything was the thought that maybe this was his first time being in love.

"Stop trying to steal my employee." Slaine pocked his head in the office and commented on his friend's attempt to sway Angel to leave her position. She would have never imagined that after dating him for ten months, he would be such a pest.

"You, my friend are just in time," KB announced as Slaine walked through the door.

"What exactly am I in time for besides catching you trying to lure my employee away?" His friend pretended to be agitated. The two men stood and bantered back and forward for a moment. Before Angel could say a word, KB turned to her and dropped down on one knee.

"Kyle, what are you doing?" She asked in shocked surprise. The look on her face was one of absolute terror. This wasn't happening. She refused to believe that this man was kneeling before her. No... no... no, it was the biggest diamond she ever laid eyes on. Panic seized her as she bounced from his breathtaking face to the ring in his hand!

"Angel LeeAnna Brooks, I love you. I don't think I've ever felt this way about anyone, including my parents. I know they love me, and I love them too, but the difference is astronomical like the moon and the sun. With you, I feel warmth whenever I'm in your presence. I don't just love you. I absolutely adore you. I know this may be difficult for you to believe or accept, but it's the way I feel. That's the reason I want you to be my wife. Please. I'm giving something to you I've never shared with anyone. I'm giving you my heart today. Will you take it and take care of it forever? Angel will you please marry me?" The words were real. They were sincere. He really asked her to marry him as the words seemed to ramble their way out of his mouth and into her ears.

She'd never seen him nervous and slightly shaking, except of course, when they were in bed but that didn't count because that was a whole other thing. Angel searched his eyes to find the truth. How could she believe that a man of his financial and social status would desire to marry her? This was real. The look in his eyes screamed just how real this was. It seemed like an eternity passed as she tried to understand the question to its deepest depths.

"KB. I can't marry you." Angel said the words and jumped up from her seat. She was afraid to even think about marrying into his family. How would she fit in with them? How could she overlook the obstacles that would certainly be placed in their path?

Angel knew no matter how hard she tried, people would always consider her a 'Gold Digger'. No one would take their relationship seriously and someone would always challenge the validity of their love and marriage. Thoughts of his family and his lifestyle overshadowed her mind. She kept up with what was going on and she knew that his family wasn't very welcoming to outsiders.

The window was her only refuge. She hurried over to the window and glanced down at the activity below. A heavyweight swelled in her chest. Angel nibbled on her thumbnail. She had successfully stopped herself from biting her nails in her early teens. It was a coping mechanism to deal with something which she struggled to understand. Angel couldn't understand why or how he could fall in love with her. She tried hard to place as much distance between them as possible.

Everything was going according to her plans until they became intimate. Her mind was not convinced that this was not merely lust. If he was just in lust with her, the relationship probably wouldn't last once the new wore off. Angel did what she did best. Her analytical brain broke down every possibility. The problem with her deductions was the unknown element of why he chose her of all people. Why would he choose a woman who would never meet his family's well-known standards? A black woman with no wealth and no power. The idea of the outrage they would experience momentarily glued her to the spot. As the slow ripple of paralysis washed over her from head to toe, she disappeared into her mind.

||-||-||

"The best way for Wattpad to know how you feel about stories like mine is when you Comment & Vote. Your interactions are totally up to you, but hearing from you really helps and encourages me to write the stories you enjoy reading.

Thanks so much for your support."