.09

"Wait, slow down, what?" Remy asked, covering her left ear as she tried to listen in to what her friend was saying, but Kyle was making that simple task very difficult.

"You, me, Jordan, Farah, and David. Tonight. Fire & Ice. And bring your boy toy!" Chloe's voice held authority as she yelled into the phone and quickly hung up on her best friend as quickly as she had called.

Kyle paused his ranting as he saw the confused expression on Remy's face, wondering who was on the other side of the phone call.

He was over at Remy's apartment for the last couple of days, teaching her things with her ring and occasionally ranting sessions. Remy would go off about 2814.1, how guarded and sucluded he was from the rest of the human lanterns and especially from Remy, his trainee!

Scoffing, Remy took a look at her phone, making sure her friend had actually hung up on her. Sure enough, she did.

"Who was that?" Kyle asked, playing with his ring as Remy threw her phone beside her.

"Chloe, she wants to hit a new club, but she - I hate when she does that!" Remy groaned, knowing it was gonna be awkward as hell for her and Jordan. She hadn't talked to him after that night, only small talk, but she wasn't too keen on wanting to talk about that night. And it seemed like Hal was perfectly fine not talking about it, well, because it was the playboy Hal Jordan.

Kyle raised an interested eyebrow, a green hand popping out and stroking his imaginary beard. Remy chuckled as he started to hum, waiting on her to say something.

"Come on, what were you saying before we was rudely interrupted?" Kyle urged her, gesturing to her as he nodded, the green hand dissolving as he stopped focusing.

The dark haired woman clenched her jaw as she remembered what she was ranting about this time. "Yeah, friggin 2814.1, The jerk face."

2814.1 was always a hot topic for discussion between the two human lanterns, she would even ask Tomar-Re about him, Kilowog, but all of them would only laugh or go on about this massive story that would probably boost his ego more than he needed it boosted.

Kyle wouldn't comment on what she was ranting about, knowing Hal wouldn't appreciate it but a wingman has to be a wingman sometimes.

"Okay, so watch this." Remy grabbed her ring, slipping it on her finger smoothly. Her causal clothes transformed to her uniform - abeit the actual green lantern symbol in middle of chest, indicating that she was still a trainee. She has to earn the right to wear the symbol.

Remy leaned in to the ring as she spoke, "ring, who is Green Lantern of Sector 2814.1?"

The ring vibrated as it responded, "error, restricted information by Green Lantern of Sector 2814.1."

Kyle chuckled softly, his eyebrows going up at the response of the ring. Damn, Hal did think of everything.

"I swear, this guy! Like, what is there to hide? Huh? There is like three of us - humans, I mean -"

"Well, four-"

"Yeah! And this infamous 'Honor Guard Guy Gardner' I hear so much about-"

Kyle stuck of his finger, stopping her with a furrowed brow. "Hold on, I'm a Honor Guard-"

The woman nodded vigorously, gesturing to Kyle as she shouted, "exactly! I have met one of the human Honor Guards, and John, but I can't know who he is? I will bet on it, he is gonna be like some millionaire, he is gonna be friggin Bruce Wayne."

That got a genuine laugh out of Kyle. Hal was definitely not some Bruce Wayne, not even close but Kyle didn't say a word about it. He was gonna let her dream about Hal being as rich as Gotham's poster boy.

Remy's snapped towards him, her brows sinking as she crossed her arms. "And what are you laughing about?"

Kyle put his hands up, surrendering to the already fiery woman across from him. He didn't say a word as he grabbed the cold coffee off the marble counter and took a very long sip to avoid responding to his friend's question.

After a very long moment, Kyle exhaled loudly as a toothy grin came upon his face. "Its just that you look really nice today, and -"

Remy shook her head at his flimsy excuse, a grin on her face as she took her ring off of her middle finger and threw it up.

She called it back, the ring falling back onto her finger as she repeated the process as she caught Kyle's interested gaze.

"You down to come to a club tonight to save me from my social awkwardness?" Remy asked out of the blue, knowing for a fact Kyle needed to come to save her from any awkwardness between her and Hal.

"Is that even a question?"

__________

"Chloe, I am going to kill you." Remy spoke playfully, her green eyes burning as her heels clacked against the marble.

Remy went with a sexy look this time around, since the last two times she had hit any club, she was pisspoor drunk and way too drunk to care.

She wore a silky black dress, the back of the dress left open for all the eyes to see and the front was just as revealing as the back. The dress cut off right in front of her cleavage as she wore a long, silver necklace that dropped down as low. Decorating her hands with a few bracelets and many rings, Remy put her hair to the side and blood red heel on her feet to finish off the look.

Beside Remy stood Kyle in his 6'3" glory. The Kyle Remy was used to was the causal one, the jeans jacket and paint-stained shirts, but the Kyle that cleaned up? Definitely hotter.

"I have no idea why I agreed to come with you." Kyle commented as he grabbed his collar, tugging it away from his neck. He wore a white shirt, a few buttons unbuttoned to show off the muscular chest hiding behind the first buttons. On top of the white shirt, he wore a black suit jacket and slacks.

+

a lot of updates coming so watch out!