.18

The forest seemed to last forever, the trees and forestry covered most of the land as the two groups walked towards a hidden location. Kyle and Remy lagged behind the majority of the group, Remy struggling with the countless bodies she had to carry but she didn't dare open her mouth.

John and Guy's demeanor didn't change, stone cold expressions and all business attitude was enough for Remy to not mess with them, she had seen the bad side of both of them and she rather not see it again. The Ugaran leader, however, seemed like the conniving kind and Remy kept her eye on him.

"You think that they have 2814.1? They couldn't take one of you down, so how did they get the infamous 2814.1?" Remy asked Kyle, her eyes ahead of her as she focused on the ball she was holding. A few times she lost focus and her construct started fade and bodies started to fall. It was embarrassing when everybody turned around to see that one of the Green Lantern's couldn't keep a construct and see their friends fall out of the heap.

She got a glare from John about that one, but he wasn't going to discipline her about constructs right now. There was bigger fish to fry, and if anybody was going to get disciplined, it was going to be 2814.1 - if the Ugarans had him. It was a big 'if', but Remy had to believe that they had him and he was still alive.

"Well," Kyle made a face, contemplating his response before answering. "2814.1 was probably taken by surprise, because they fought him upfront, they would have been dead."

The confession sent chills down Remy's spine. The ring didn't authorize lethal force, but she knew 2814.1 would have found a way - he was crafty if nothing else. She swallowed silently, anxiety piling up in the pit of her stomach as they continued walking.

Finally, the expanse of the forestry stopped, a grassy field taking its place. The grass here was different though, it was purple. The long, purple grass blew in the wind, dancing to the wind as the Ugaran leader paused. John stopped a few feet behind him, Guy standing beside him and everybody behind them followed in suit.

Remy and Kyle flew over the the Ugaran group and found their way alongside the other human lanterns. The Ugaran leader whistled, the empty expanse echoing his high pitched noise. They all waited, the lanterns curious on what was going to happen. Remy suppressed a chuckle, it was rather human-like for something to open out of thin air from a whistle, kinda like clapping for lights to come on.

Moments later, the sound of mechanical whirring drew everybody's attention. A rather large building appeared before them, a cloaking mechanism unsheathing the HQ of the Ugarans. A door opened, a bridge meeting the large group as the Ugaran leader gestured for the lanterns to walk in before them.

With a side glance, John uncrossed his arms and starting walking up the suspicious platform. Guy, Remy and Kyle followed behind their leader, the bodies of their unconscious warriors behind the lanterns in their lime green bubbles.

There were more Ugarans inside the building, all of their eyes on the Green Lanterns as they entered. All the eyes were on the humans causing Remy to squirm under their judgemental stares and hard glares. What could cause this much hate towards Green Lanterns?

"This way lanterns." One of the Ugarans spoke, pointing to a hallway on the right. Before he turned around, he took a look at Remy and Kyle as he made a face. "Place them somewhere, would you?"

Remy and Kyle put the load of people in the corner of the room, putting them down carefully as the new Ugaran started to lead them into a room. Remy had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach, but she suppressed that feeling, she had to focus. Remy was prepared for anything, she was ready to fight at a moments notice.