Chapter 6

Jaquan called me to come over and spend the day with him and skip school. You know how scared I was? I don't wanna get caught skip school. I be paranoid as a motherfucka when I'm in shits like that. Like someone's watching my ass. But I wanted to spend the day with him so I said yes.

Dimitri: You ready to go to school? *picking up his keys*

My brother was bringing me to school because they changed my mom schedule at her job.

Vanessa: My friend on her way to come get me.

I said "her" cause my brother would've been went in my shit if it was a "him". My brother Dimitri is so overprotective about me. But he needs to understand that I'm making my own decisions.

Dimitri: Ight. Well I'm going to work. *Walks out the door*

Vanessa: Uhuh.

I watched Dimitri get in his damn car and leave I waited a good five minutes to make sure he was long gone. I called Jaquan up telling him I'm ready. He came through and he knocked at my door. I hadda look out for myself before I hugged him to see if anyone was watching. I looked left and right slowly and he was looking at me like I lost my damn mind. No one was outside and no one was looking through they window. I ain't hugged that nigga gave that nigga a sloppy kiss.

Jaquan: Well somebody happy today

Vanessa: Uh yeah that text had me feeling some type of way.

Jaquan: You looking good even when you not trying.*smiling*

I was wearing some sweat pants and a banana string. I really didn't care what I was wearing. Besides we wasn't going nowhere besides his house. We got in his car and he wasn't talking so I turned on the radio. 2 on 1 by Tanishi whatever her name was I blasted the motherfucka up cause that was my song. I started singing along

Vanessa: If you lame yeen making no noise get fad-

Jaquan puts down the music like he crazy

Jaquan: Let the person who sang this song sing.

Vanessa: You know what?

Jaquan: No! I don't know what. What?

Vanessa: I don't like you

Jaquan: You don't like me? Wanna solve it?

Vanessa: Yup and I wanna fight you

Jaquan: You wanna fight let's fight.

He stop the car in the middle of the road cars over here honking already.

Jaquan: Let's go *Gets out the car*

Vanessa: No! Jaquan is crazy!

Jaquan: See you pussy.

Vanessa: You see them dam cars?

Jaquan: Excuses excuses.

He got back inside the car and starts to drive. We got to his house in five minutes and I'm over here like wow. I mean I seen his house before but wow. How can he owned this and live there all by himself. He opened the door and I ran to the kitchen and open the fridge I took me out an ice cream it was hot as hell.

Jaquan: Oh no. Help yourself.

Vanessa: I did *laughs* You got any syrup?

Jaquan: Yeah he walks over and give me the syrup and sits next to me.

Jaquan: Tell me..

Vanessa: Tell you what

Jaquan: Tell me something I don't know?

Vanessa:Um.. Like about what exactly?

You.

Ok.. *scratches head* Ugh why now

Jaquan: Come on

Just try..

She took a good

Vanessa: I'm.. I'm very insecure about self. I don't think I'm the perfect girl in the world. I don't have money in pockets whenever I want. Ya know? My family isn't rich but yeah. My father left my mom. Ever since then I hated him because he left like she was nothing. Like we we're nothing. My mom was struggling putting food in me and my brother mouth putting a roof over our heads and putting clothes on our bodies. My dad past away after my birthday. He didn't even come to my birthday party nor said Happy Birthday to top it off. That's where I lost myself. everyone notice I did. I use hang in the wrong crowd. I use to steal. Rob stores. Invade houses like these. Jump people and I got to carried away with that crowd they ended up jumping me. My brother picked me up and he told me no matter what the world through at me chew it up and spit it the fuck out. Ever since than? I was strong and I changed.

Jaquan: Wow..

Vanessa: Yeah *Puts some ice cream on his face*

Jaquan: I have another question?

Vanessa: Ask away.

Jaquan: Why are you single?

Vanessa: I... I have trust issues but it's like when I'm with you I feel that you different. My last relationship was a mess. I always cried myself to sleep.

Jaquan: What did he do?

Vanessa: He cheated on me with my bestfriend.

Jaquan: How did you feel about that?

Vanessa: I felt betrayed.. Hurt.. Wouldn't you?

Jaquan: Yeah I guess.

Vanessa: Okay enough about me let's talk about you

Jaquan: Not now

Vanessa: Your no fun

Jaquan: Next time I got you. *holding my waste and puck his lips*

Vanessa: Mhm *softly kisses his lips*

Jaquan: Let's go upstairs and watch a movie.

Vanessa: Yo ass always wanna watch a movie. *follows him*

Jaquan P. O. V

I wasn't really paying attention to the movie. I was just zoned out. Like damn.. Hearing about Vanessa and her pass is crazy and for her to open up to me like that ? She trusts me. I mean I like Vanessa but damn. I didn't thought she'd like as much.

Jaquan: You hungry?

Vanessa: Nah.

Jaquan: Well ama go make something to eat.

Vanessa: Ok

*Walks down stairs* My phone vibrates in my pocket and I got a text from Jenny.

( I wonder what Jenny wants. She barely talk to him. But aw Vanessa and Jaquan are so freaking cute. )