Chapter 12

Salena snitched on me so I had been suspended for one week. I came back to school feeling like shit. I went back to keeping myself on a low profile. I don't want no one to know my business. For two whole weeks I haven't talk to Jaquan. He steady blowing up my phone over and over. Calling me and telling me he misses me. Like when are you gunna stop? But he stop at a point so I guess he got the picture. Now? I don't even be seeing him around school. He don't even wait for me afterschool. I don't see him at lunch. Nothing but I'm happy I don't. I can easily let go of him. I started hanging out with Sid since then. Everyday after school we'd go to the park.

Sid: Can I tell you something?

Vanessa: What's up?

Sid: I want you to know I'm always there for you.

Vanessa: *Kisses cheeks* And that's why I love you.

Sid: Yeah...  I.. I love me too.

Vanessa : You a mess Sid *laughing* But yeah...  Really though why would he use me. I actually trusted him.  Ya know? I mean why cheat on Jenny? I'm not no hater even though I don't like Jenny she is pretty and she perfect shape. Why cheat on her with me? He wouldn't stop blaming  Jenny. Me and Jenny don't even talk no more. Me and Jenny this me and Jenny that. I'm just like bullshit bullshit and more bullshit.

Sid: Now that I think about it they barley do talk. Not like they use to. They use to be always on each other. Like there was never a day you seen Jaquan not with Jenny.

Vanessa: Hmp..

It was getting late. I had to go home. Sid carried me all the way home. The park wasn't too far from my house and I was just laying on my bed just thinking and shit.  I fix me up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then my phone begin to vibrate.

*Open texts*

Jaquan: I'm sorry Vanessa. When I tell you I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I don't want us to be like this at all man. I never ment to hurt you. I just wanna keep it real witcha cause honestly I just wanted you. I did you wrong I know. I want to make it up. I know you're not gunna accept my apology but I just want you to know I  love you no bullshit. I ain't no kid. I  don't hid how I feel about somebody I'm gunna keep it a thousand how I feel and I don't like to tell somebody that I like to show them.  I wanna show you how I feel and make it up to you.

*End of text*

I ignored his text. I just sat there and ate my sandwich after I was done I washed up my face and I went on my phone to Pandora and The Worst by Jhene Aiko was playing. Great. Here comes the tears.  I'm just like what if I'm wrong. Suddenly I got a text late.

*Opened text*

Jaquan: Vanessa can we talk

*Close text*

I ignore his text and then it vibrates again

*Opened text*

Jaquan: Please

*Close text*

I had to think should I text him back or not. I texted him.

*Text Convo*

Vanessa: Jaquan what do you want?

Jaquan: I want to talk

Vanessa: About what?  There's nothing to take about.

Jaquan: Come outside

*Walk to the living room and peeks through the window*

I went outside with two different shoes on. And sneak out the house from the back door. I closed the door quietly so I won't wake anyone up.

Vanessa: Why the hell do you think it's cool for you to just come over my house? *walking up to Jaquan car*

Jaquan: Can you listen for just one second

Vanessa: I'm listening

Jaquan: I never tried doing this shit before. I never blew up somebody phone. Give out long texts telling how I feel. Shit I ain't felt for somebody hard like that. Shit I think It's you. I want you.  And listen if you let me go. I'm gone. You won't hear from me anymore.  I mean that's your decision if that's what you want.