xvii. what is going on?!

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
[ xvii. what is going on?! ]
/ IRL /

     PARKER LET OUT a yawn as she cleaned the last camera lens. She could feel her eyes becoming heavy, almost falling asleep. The sound of footsteps against the floor awoken her. Her head jolting up immediately. "You sleepy?" Annalise joked around, patting her daughter gently on the shoulder. Parker pursed her lips as she sat the camera back in the case.

     "Well, I woke up at like four thirty, drove and got here at five, cleaned the cameras, and took some photos," Parker softly explained, pleasing her mother who hummed.

     "Let me see the pictures," her mother stated, watching her daughter sluggishly hand over the camera that was the only one not in the case. In the back of her mind, she knew her mother would criticize her about how "it wasn't the right angle" or it wasn't "good enough". So as the sleepy teen awaited the torment, she started to close her eyes.

     "I got some of the sunrise," Parker yawned as she tried to stretch.

"They're really good, Park," Annalise commented, internally shocking her daughter. The tall girl opened her eyes and quickly turned to face her mom with complete shock. "I mean, these are better than the people I work with."

"D-Do you mean that?" Parker asked excitedly, her face lighting up. She watched her mother nod and sit the camera back down.

"Yes I do and I'll definitely put it into consideration about promoting you," Annalise paused, shocking herself with her own words, "we have a plane to catch. You have your bags?"

"Yea, they're in my trunk."

"It's not your car, just a reminder," her mother stated. Parker huffed and nodded, knowing her mother was right.

"Yes, I know," the tall girl whined as she stood up from the chair. She rubbed her tired eyes as she followed her mother to the doors and outside.

     "We need to go by the house because Jennifer is taking us to the airport," her mother explained, referring to her sister. "I also paid for the tickets to and from Atlanta, you're welcome." Parker gasped and engulfed her mother in a hug, almost starting to cry.

     "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" The excited teen squealed as she held onto her mother tightly.

     "Okay, okay, Parker," her mother huffed, wanting her daughter to let go. "You owe me." Parker pulled away still with a smile on her face. She nodded, chuckling.

"Yes, I know," she giggled. "Let's go before we miss our flight."

***

Caleb lied on his bed holding his phone up in the air scrolling through Instagram. Unexpectedly, Millie ran over and playfully stole his phone out of his grip. She let out a laugh once she saw his reaction, confused. "Give it back!" He shouted, which made Millie take off running.

She turned a corner in the apartment trying to hide. "Millie!" Caleb yelled out trying to find her. She looked down at the bright screen and saw he was looking through Instagram. She went to the 'searches' and saw what he recently searched. Millie's eyes went wide with excitement and decided to expose herself by going back into plain sight.