xxx. confusion and kisses

CHAPTER THIRTY.
[ xxx. confusion and kisses ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

     PARKER HAD BEEN noticing all day that her mother was acting weird, weirder than usual. The woman had a smile on her face all day, but would always try to mask it by having a stern face on around Parker. She wasn't following her everywhere she went, which confused the teenager even more. However, she did like the freedom she was given. Maybe it's because of this "special" person coming in? Parker had asked herself mentally.

     As Parker secluded herself in her office trying to get some work done that she had procrastinated last night, her mind was still thinking about the surprise model. It gave her anxiety, all she wanted was to know. She looked up at the time at the clock on the wall, seeing it was an hour till the model was there.

     She stood up and sighed, wanting to be in bed not doing a thing. But instead, she was working her dream job and she made herself be thankful and grateful for it; mainly because she gave someone incredible up for the job. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and cleared her throat. Parker opened the door and saw how busy everything was. People scrambling from place to place, everything in a rush.

     "Ms. Greener," she heard a woman say. Parker turned and saw her assistant holding a folder in her hand.

     "It's Parker, Belle," Parker reminded with a kind smile, seeing how flustered the older woman got once she was corrected.

     "Parker, right. Your client is having the shoot done in Room Twelve," Belle explained quickly, panicking from the stress. Parker's breath hitched, knowing that Room Twelve was the room where she had met Caleb. Belle stuck out the folder, hinting at the girl to take it. Parker nodded and took the folder from the woman's hand, opening it and examining it hurriedly. "There's gonna be four camera men, catering, and five different dress changes."

     "Oh wow," Parker breathed out, still examining the folder containing the information her assistant had memorized, "the model must be important." Belle let out a nervous laugh, knowing who the client was but was given strict orders not to relay that information to the girl. "What about hair and makeup?" She closed the folder, keeping it still in her own hands.

     "Hair and makeup will be there and will take at least thirty minutes to do," Belle explained in a rush, nervousness hinting her voice.

     "Okay, thank you so much," Parker smiled before walking away. As she passed the woman, she stopped and turned around. "Belle." The woman turned around, awaiting her response. "Take a break," the teenager smiled before turning back around and walking away. Belle sighed with relief, secretly thanking the girl for her generosity.

     It was gonna be a long and eventful day, after all.

     As Caleb closed the backseat door behind him and strapped his seatbelt in, his mother turned around in her seat to face him. She was holding a piece of fabric that was relatively long. His father started to drive, but his focus was on his mother. "Put this on," April instructed as she handed the boy the fabric. He stared down at it, furrowing his eyebrows.

     "Mom," he started off, "you're joking." She shook her head, sitting back down in the front seat. "You want me to put a blindfold on?"

     "Isn't that why she handed you the blindfold?" His father, Corey, added who was staring at the boy from the viewfinder.

     "But I'm just going to a photoshoot, right?" Caleb asked once again, wanting to know exactly why he was given the blindfold and why he had to put it on.