In the Moon Light

~Chptr~3~

She could feel Hook standing behind her, as they watched Pan disappear. Her whole body was shaking. Pan was so powerful. Getting involved with that much energy could have been dangerous. She knew what her mission was, that moment could have been a good opportunity to finish it. But she still had a few days. Just because she had a goal didn't mean she couldn't enjoy herself before completing it Hook leaned forward and spoke to her from behind, her hair.

"Well, that was impressive." He said. She turned around to face him.

"Really?" She said, trying to act laid back, "why is that?" Hook stared at her, she could see a question just below the surface of his eyes.

"You stood up to him, and flipped him over your head," Hook said, "he is not the type to just let himself get flipped," he said seriously.

"I know," she said, She knew more about Peter Pan then most could fathom.

"It also means you are dangerous," he said stepping back. His movement surprised her and made her mood drop slightly.

"Dangerous?" She questioned. Despite being there only a few short hours she felt a connection with him, she didn't want to scare him off. Hook looked away from her, out the window panes to their left.

"Pan obviously has feelings for you-" he started but was interrupted by her laughter. It was the most incredulous thing she had ever heard. Even as she was trying to be elusive around Pan, could she have given him the wrong impression?

"You are delusional," she said laughing and walked around to the table, and stood behind her chair. Even as she denied it, it occurred to her it was possible. Her delicate but strong hands on the back of the chair. Hook frowned. "Peter Pan has 'feelings' for no one," that much she was sure of. Hook moved to stand behind his chair.

"I thought so too, until I saw him hold back, he didn't force you to go with him," Hook continued.

"That's because he doesn't know how to face me," she said simply. She wasn't ordinary, Pan knew it. If he didn't before then he certainly did know. Hook looked away unbelieving.

"I can't stand between you two, I payed a high price the last time I stood between Pan and what he wants." Hook said.

"I am not a prize," she said indignantly. She stood tall. She was no one's prize, and she wouldn't be treated like one. Hook looked at her.

"That's not what I meant. . .i only mean, Pan wants you for some reason," he said.

"Maybe, but that is none of your concern, I can protect myself, Captain." She said. Hook pursed his lips.

"Zemira," Hook said, walking around the table to stand next to her, "I know you can," she looked up at him, wondering what he was going to do. She looked up into his dark eyes and she felt her heart spin. The question changed in his eyes, "Why are you here Zemira?" He said, his voice low and lulling, like the end of a song, pulling her into sleep.

"I am here to finish something," she said, knowing full well she didn't really answer the question.

"You can tell me," he said softly, he took a step closer to her. Bubbles rose in her stomach, what was he doing? But she kept still.

"Maybe," she answered, her voice getting quieter. Hook began to lean down to her when a knock rapped against the door. He paused, inches from her face.

"Sorry," he whispered, his breath tickling her face. She closed her eyes as he pulled away and went to answer the door. Her heart was hammering against her chest. She heard Hook and Mr. Smee talk about something, Hook sounding irritated at him. When she opened her eyes she looked over at the two men. After a few more moments of discussion Hook have him an order and then returned to her. "I apologize, it seems that we must make a trip onto the island to collect food, today is the day that we usually do that." He says, genuinely disappointed. "I must accompany them, but Mr. Smee will be here if you need anything, unless you will be leaving?" He asks.