Chapter 17: Gain

Disclaimer: Vampire Knight and
Tokyo Ghoul is not mine. They belong to their respective owners.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kaname grimaced as the older man in front of him let's out a tiny smirk once in his emotionless face.

"Why am I doing this?"

"It is because I said so."

"And yet you still hadn't warned me?"

"Kaname, do please remember since when did I warn you in your whole life?"

Kaname glared as he grumbled. Ken Rose a brow from his sister position on a comfortable leather couch.

"What was that? I can't hear you properly Kaname."

"You don't."

Kaneki lets out a satisfying nod as he puts down the newspaper he was holding from before. Big red letters were glaring at him from the paper knowing it would irritate him if he looked at it longer.

'15 Murdered at Tokyo'

"Both of us know that if you do this Kaname, it would also be your gain."

Kaname looked at the window as he saw the glaring silver moon illuminating and giving light at the night. Kaneki saw the faraway look on Kaname as he took a sip in his cup.

He calmed down after he had red the message that was given to him by Urie and Shirazu. And that's where Kaname had found him sitting in the same couch he's been sitting right now as he glared at the paper as if it would be on fire and turn it to ashes. It's been hours then, and he had some time to think about the choices that he must do.

He had received word from Kaein that a few vampires had found their way in Tokyo. Luckily, he had messaged the others at Anteiku about the incoming threat so he had been at ease knowing that the innocents won't be involved at the supernatural problems. But unfortunately,  even if the others might stop the incoming vampires, he knew that they won't be enough to stop the killings happening at the city.

And something had struck him. Yuki Cross.

He had passed her by in some cases and he smelled a familiar blood pumping in her veins. And this is where he had made his conclusion, because, the baby cousin that he has been trying to investigate and find is right under his nose.

He didn't told this to anyone as he knows that the person trying to get the girl is still alive and roaming around the place. But he suspected that Kaname also knows but hadn't made a move yet. So right now, he's taking matters into his own hands.

Cause right now, he's been instructing Kaname to make a plan that might cross their path. And this is where his former students would appear.

Kaneki planned that the girls, Tooru and Saiko, must first befriend the two disciplinary Committee members and would be seen at the library with them. And that's where Urie and Shirazu make their move. After being introduced as part of the Night Class, they would be using the excuse to stroll around the school trying to be acquainted with their surroundings. And that's where they would be finding themselves at the library and acts shock when they saw Saiko and Tooru.

That's where they introduce their selves to be as friends. That's where Urie invites the four at the moon dorm.

"Isn't it allowed?"

"I did a few strings to make Kaein agree."

Kaneki was met with a blank stare. "Blackmail isn't it?", Kaname asked in a deadpan voice as Kaneki gave him a smug smirk.