Chapter Six

It had been three days since Mikah left me sobbing in the arms of his sister, Annabel and I haven't seen him since. From then, she and I have started to create a bond. I know she accepts me as her brother's mate without saying it. All the kind deeds she has done for me during my stay has proved it.

Annabel had allowed me to shower in her private room which looked a lot like my own, but had a bed with a dresser included. She also lent me some of her clothes which were a little tight, but comfortable enough while insisting sternly with a curl of her lip that I burn my Hunt clothes; which we did.

Today, we were relaxing in my temporary room. Me, sitting cross legged on my mat picking at the stale food Annabel had brought me because I refused to eat in the cafeteria. I did not want to see all of the rogues look at me in hate but most of all, I didn't want to have a run in with Mikah.

Annabel was currently standing in the middle of the room waving her hands dramatically with a bright smile on her face as she told me a story about her and her mate.

I had met Kyle once because Annabel insisted I meet him even though I tried my best to refuse. On my second day here, long behold, Annabel and Kyle were standing at the entrance of my room. Annabel spoke excitedly about me saving their lives while I looked around uncomfortable.

Kyle just stood there holding tightly onto the oblivious Annabel while glaring at me with pure rage and hate. I could tell he was watching my every move closely and was prepared if I chose to attack. I frowned at that but put on a fake smile because Annabel was trying hard even if she didn't notice the heavy tension.

"Rory, are you even listening?" Annabel said looking at me disapprovingly.

I sighed coming out of my thoughts "I'm sorry." I said placing my half eaten food on the mat beside me "I'm just a little distracted with everything on my mind."

Annabel's eyes softened and a small understanding smile graced her lips.

"I know, and I'm sorry for talking about things you could care less about."

I went to interrupt her and tell her I liked hearing about her exciting stories but she held up a hand silencing me.

"Don't lie," she said "but I do have an actual reason for coming to see you today. I know I was probably just rambling because I'm nervous for it." She said biting her lip and looking away nervously.

I straightened up looking at her with curiosity.

She looked back to me releasing her bottom lip.

"Mikah has been able to get you to stay here but you have to go meet council woman Jenna today." She spoke slowly.

I froze. I'm staying here? I didn't know if that was supposed to be a good or bad thing. Would I survive alone? Maybe if I lived as a human but there was never a guarantee. Wolves were meant to live in packs or at the least, with a companion.

"Mikah will be here to get you in about 5 minutes." She said.

Wow, now to make things better I was going to have to see him. My stomach exploded with butterflies and anxiety. I don't know how much rejection I could take but Annabel didn't give me time to think.

"Come on, get up and let's get you dressed." She said pulling me up by my arms. She handed me a blue sundress with cheap sandals that looked really worn.

"Why do I have to wear a dress?" I asked pouting at the blue fabric in my hands.

"You have to look presentable and jeans and a t-shirt isn't the way to go." She spoke in a tone that was all business.

I sighed stripping of the clothes I had on and slipping the dress on in it's place. Annabel came behind me and pulled my hair back for a quick ponytail while licking her thumb and wiping away some smudged dirt from my face.

Just then, a knock sounded at the wooden door and Annabel rushed over to move it so Mikah could get in. I knew it was him, his scent hit me awhile ago and I was becoming so accustomed to it, so I also knew he was standing outside my door listening to our conversation. I blew a puff of air out of my mouth before looking down and sliding the sandals into place. When I looked back up I felt like I was going to fall back down.

There stood Mikah in all his glory. He wore khaki jean shorts with a white fitted shirt, and his copper hair
all bed-head messy. I guess that was presentable attire to rogues; I mean us.

He was staring at me with lust filled eyes as he scanned my body from head to toe. I squirmed under his gaze but with overwhelming happiness filling me.

He was interested in me.

His eyes snapped back to mine the minute the thought came to mind with a blank look. I felt my body slump and deflate. I knew it was too good to be true.

"Let's go." He said.

I looked over to Annabel who gave me an encouraging look and waved her hands in a 'get going' motion.

I gave her a quick nod while moving my my feet to follow Mikah.

The whole walk there was in complete silence. Mikah didn't look back at me and I only stared at his back, not taking the opportunity to look around, but instead watch the smooth muscles shift and tense under his shirt.

Soon though we came to a stop and I made it a point to avoid running into his back. If he didn't want to touch me, I wasn't going to enforce it.

I quickly scanned my surroundings noticing that we were in a small room with a long desk near the back of it and a little black chair behind it. Candles were placed around the room making it more bright and there was nothing on the desk but a pen.

I turned to question Mikah why we're here but the door we just walked through opened up and in walked three people. One was a woman who had light brown hair, pale blue eyes and lightly bronzed skin. She didn't say a word. Her eyes skimmed over Mikah and looked directly at me with a suspicious but curious look.

Nerves got the best of me and I looked away while taking the chance to analyze the other two. They were both males, both had brown hair, but the one on the right of the door had brown eyes and looked ahead not sparing me a glance. The other male on the left of the door had blue eyes and looked at me openly. I could see him slowly undressing me with his eyes and I held in the shiver of disgust, turning to look at Mikah who was sending daggers to the blue eyed male. I smiled inwardly and took this as an opportunity of a lifetime. Obviously, blue eyes was oblivious to the glares from Mikah so I
made eye contact and lifted my lips in a suggestive smile.

Blue eyes broke out into a wide grin with an excited glimmer in his eyes. I tried to keep my smile in place but faltered a little, the disgust was overbearing.

Mikah growled loudly, saving me from having to keep the smile, and stepped in front of me, shielding me from the lustful stares of blue eyes.

"Mine.." He growled. Blue eyes immediately stepped back with a fearful look. We made eye contact over Mikah's shoulder and he gave me a mean glare and I couldn't help the small smile from spreading across my face.

Mikah called me his! Happiness was consuming me again and I was trying to pat it down, telling myself it was his wolf's possessiveness and not him.

My thoughts were interrupted by the woman who was now sitting behind the desk tapping the lone pen on her chin, watching the scene unfold with interest.

"Yes, we know 'mine'" she said with a snort which I frowned at. I came to the conclusion that she was indeed council woman, Jenna."and that's why we're here now." I looked at Mikah who nodded his head at me while wrapping an arm around my waist.

I thought I was literally going to melt with the warmth of him taking over but when I looked at Mikah, his face was blank and jaw tense like he was.. nervous?

"Now, Rory," the woman Jenna said "let's get started shall we?"