Chapter Twelve

I woke up to a dark room, not remembering much of the night before because my mind was still foggy with sleep. But, I could tell that what I was laying on, was not my stiff old mat.

Crap, where am I?

Panic settled in my stomach and I clenched my eyes shut tightly while trying to keep my breathing even.

I could just take off and hopefully get lucky that nobody is in here with me.

That was my plan until a body rolled, making the bed dip with the new position. An arm wrapped around my torso, sending a parade of tingles shooting down my body. An unknown feeling boiled in my stomach and I popped open my eyes, seeing a gorgeous face inches from my own.

Mikah..

His dark hair was lightly spilling over his eyes, his plump lips ajar breathing in and out, and.. Shirtless?

I felt my face heat up with embarrassment. My eyes automatically flew down towards there, but I was slightly relieved and disappointed for him to be covered.

What the hell? What am I thinking?!

The blanket stopped at his hips, not showing anymore muscled flesh that is my mate. His toned stomach was something men only dreamed of. I raised my hand to outline the smooth tanned muscle in a daze, but immediately withdrew it and slapped them over my burning red face.

Stop it you perverts!

I was definitely not in my area of expertise. I never had a boyfriend and I never thought that my mate would hate me. I thought he would love me wholeheartedly and then everything would just show up naturally.

This is not natural. My face probably screams virgin.

A soft chuckle brought me out of everything.

I looked up to see Mikah smiling down at me. It was a look I had never seen him give to me or anyone before.

"You look panicked" he said with a voice so husky and thick with sleep, I felt a shiver of pleasure run down my spine.

Mikah only chuckled more and pulled me closer. I felt our legs tangle together as I laid my head on his chest; his heart beating heavily.

"What happened last night?" I asked sheepishly. Honestly, I wasn't completely sure. I could only hope it wasn't something I would regret and beat myself up for later.

"You don't remember..?" Mikah said with an accusing glare in his eyes. I visibly gulped. Wait.. We didn't.. You know? Did we?

Oh my God! It's my first time and I don't even remember!

I cleared my throat, still gazing a Mikah who was waiting for my answer.

"Of course I remember!" I said lying through my teeth.

Mikah smirked "oh? Then you remember how tightly I held you last night? Or how you were begging me not to stop?"

My face flushed a bright red and quickly looked in a different direction.

"I-I do." I stuttered.

Curse these damn nerves.

"Hmm? Is that so? Tell me what we did exactly, my little Rory." Mikah replied in a voice that could only be considered taunting.

"Don't call me little! And we.. We.. Had uhm, (cough) sex.." I said in a small voice.

Silence. I couldn't bear to turn around and see a smirking Mikah and I also felt guilty for not remembering. But that all stopped when Mikah's booming laugh echoed off the cave walls.

"Wh-why are you laughing?!" I yelled turning to face Mikah who was clutching his stomach and rolled over.

I climbed on top of him and began slapping his bare back. My face was flushed and I was confused. Did we not?

"Were you just messing with me?!" I yelled in frustration.

"You- you should've seen your face!" Mikah laughed.

I junped off Mikah and sat in the edge of the bed, arms crossed, facing away from him.

I wasn't actually mad though. A small smile appeared on my face. Is this how mates are? Is Mikah accepting me?

"When we do get to that point, it won't be called having sex, we'll be making love. Trust me, you won't forget it." He said in a deep alluring voice.

His hand was in my shoulder and I turned to see Mikah, our faces barely an inch away, gazing at me intensely.

The unknown feeling boiled in my stomach again. So much, that I had to look away. Is this.. Lust?

"I'm going to shower so stay here, we have much to discuss." Mikah said hopping off the bed and opening drawers for new clothes.

Automatically, my eyes scanned his lower half which was covered by boxers. The same feelings came back along with serious embarrassment because when I looked back up, Mikah was smirking at me.

I quickly turned my head away but caught a close up of the picture on his desk.

My eyes zoomed in on a picture of a young boy, a little girl and two adults. I recognized Mikah right away and then came to see the little girl was Annabel. That didn't shock me though. What had me gasp in surprise was the adult man.

I tuned back to Mikah who was in his own world with picking out clothes.

"Why are you and Annabel in a picture with Alpha Trey?" I asked.

His hand froze mid air, dropping the shirt he had grabbed and then we connected eyes..

-------

I really wanted this chapter to be all about Mikah and Rory and not so serious. Hopefully their relationship can start now? But, we are also getting more unanswered questions. (: vote and comment?

-Renee <3