Chapter 15: When She Doesn't Get What She Wants

Iris POV

"Damn we need money. Why I'm hell is he not giving me any jobs?!" Rent is due in few days, and we are running low on food since we have so many people in this damn house. "Mother fucker." I pull out my phone and I call my guy that sends me these missions. "What's up Iris?" "You know why I'm calling dipshit."

"Right... look I got nothing for you right now." "Like hell you do! Quit the bullshit and give me something that pays good money in the next 30 minutes!" I yell in frustration. "Iris listen-" "I don't want any ifs, ands, or buts! Get me a job now or I will personally pay you a visit!" With that I hang up on the phone and I fall back on my couch. "Are you ok mom?"

I look to my left and I see Sarah with a concern look in her face. "Come here you." I pat the couch for her to sit next to me. She then decides to sit on my lap instead. "I'm worried about you. Is job hunting bad?" I nod. "Don't worry, mom is gonna get a job and she will be back with money." I lean down to kiss her forehead. "Daya and Heather will be here to take care you when I'm gone." "What about Raven?"

Heather and Daya walk in. "Oh her? She's still at work. It's a pretty big job." I make up the excuse. "But it's been weeks, is she still gonna come back?" "Heather please..." I sigh. "Look her job is... well hard working. Sometimes her trips are extremely long and she has to spend the money she earned all the way back here."

Please buy it. Please buy it. Please buy it. "I guess that makes sense." "See? Nothing to worry about about." I stand up so I can change and get ready for my job. "But don't you miss her?" I stop in my tracks. "Of course I do. She's my wife after all." "Your right. That was a stupid thing to say, I'm sorry." "It's alright. Now I'm gonna go change."

As I head inside my room my phone rings. "You better be calling about a good ass paying job." "Iris listen I can't do this for you anymore." "Oh? You think you have a say in this?" I walk over to my door and I close it shut. "Iris listen but I'm getting paid good money with this other client. The money is good!" "Money is good. Which is why I need it you fucktard!" I slam my hand on the wall. "Listen I know it sucks but this like millions of dollars in my hand!" "You bitch. Just because you got paid good money you don't have to work?! I'll fucking kill you!"

He starts to stutter. "Iris listen-" "No you listen! I'm gonna head over to your house. I'm gonna take your money, burn down your house, and make your slutty wife watch as I fucking torture you to death!" I hang up and I throw my phone at the round breaking it. "Dammit! Motherfucking cunt!"

Heather POV

"Is she... alright?" We just heard her yell her so loud and she throws her stuff around in her room. "I hope so." I look at Daya. "Tell me, is her job... killing people?" She looks at me so fast with a worried look. "Of course not! She doesn't do that." "But then why does she have so many guns? Knives? And other weapons?" She starts to stutter and look away from me. "Collector?" "Daya please don't lie to me."

The door slams open and Iris walks out very pissed off. "Watch your sister. Don't let anyone in the fucking house!" She opens the door and slams it shut leaving us alone. "Daya please tell me the truth." She sigh's. "Yes. My mother kills people for a living. And she even kills abusive families." Wait so that means... she killed my family? "And yes, that includes yours." "I guess I really have to thank her." I scratch my cheek. "I never really did love my family. They never loved me anyways because of what I am. And what I like."

I felt Daya hold my hand. "I'm here for you. I never had a girlfriend or any friends growing up. But I still wouldn't want you to feel unhappy. I want to make your life worth living for." I smile at her words and I feel tears in my eyes. "I love you Daya... so much." I pull her in for a kiss and we start to makeout.