10. Back For Good

Back For Good - Take That

A/N:

So... Chapter 10... This is so amazing! I've made almost through half of the story! :O And I can't do this without your help! :D Thanks for keep reading, commenting and voting even if I'm not the best on uploading. So thank you so much. You're the best <3

This is a quite short chapter but I felt I didn't could or want to put more to it... But I promise drama ;)

Sorry for the long wait but my computer's internet wasn't working... :/ But here you go! :D

Love

Mattie

Please vote/fan/comment if you liked it. Comments makes my day, just for knowing

----------------------------------------------------------

I don’t know how it happened, but the call was cut off. Maybe it was me who hung up. Maybe not. I can’t say I remember much except his words:

"I have a date."

Of course. It wasn’t that weird ... I mean ... Derek Downhill had a date. It's perfectly normal ... and that it happened to be on the only night we could study in - our night - was obviously just a coincidence. Nothing strange at all.

OK, who, I am trying to fool? I didn’t take very good. I broke down, frankly. I don’t know what I had expected. That he might, perhaps, had started to like me more than as a working partner. That he might even counted me as a friend. That one day I might get to hold him, kiss him, that maybe I could get to hold his hand out in public. That I might get him back. But honestly it was just crazy fantasies from my part. Derek had been drunk in Los Angeles. Perhaps he had smoked on ... What do I know...? The only thing certain was that Derek didn’t remember anything from that night, that he was dating someone, that he was so in love that he was no longer himself and that I was not one of those girls.

Without that I had noticed it, the tears had started flowing down my cheeks as I stood in the living room with the cell phone in hand. I bit my own lip, something I always did when I was crying and heard a car drove up the driveway. Mom and dad were already home. But it took a while for me to respond, because my parents had made it to the front door and started rattling the keys before I came back to life. I rushed upstairs and locked myself in my room with tears still running down my cheeks.

"Katie?" I heard Mom’s voice through the door. It sounded muffled and faint, as if she was very far away. "Does your friend like fish?"

"He’s not coming," I called back and swallowed hard so she wouldn’t notice I was crying. "He ... was unable to attend."

"Oh ... Okay, how sad ... dinner in an hour. Is Kevin at home?"

"No..."

"Okay..."

I threw myself down on the bed and accidentally kicking the school bag I had taken up on the room. The biology folder was still lying on the kitchen table down there, but I had to pick it up later. Amazingly enough (despite my tearful eyes) I saw a small crumpled piece of paper fall out of the bag along with some pens and other debris. I reached for it and my face broke up into an evil smile when I read the contents. I jumped up, flung open the door and rushed down the stairs. Mom and dad looked strangely at me when I flew past them and stepped into my shoes. I didn’t bother take the jacket with me. It was warm enough out there anyway.

"I borrow the car, Dad!" I shouted after me, pulled me his car keys lying on a small shelf inside the door before I tore open the front door.

"What ...?" I heard my father say, but I didn’t stay long enough to hear him finish the question.