11. I Will Always Love You

WHITNEY HOUSTON - I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

A/N:

Here is chapter 11. Hope you like it :)

-------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a cold and dirty park bench, though I couldn't remember that I had fallen asleep. The wind was screaming in my ears, the darkness was whispering around me. The sky above me was dark and empty; no stars appeared. No moon lit up the night. A cold and damp feeling spread through my body and I began shiver from cold. Fog billowed up over the rooftops and crept up behind the trees. Nothing made it easy to see through the dark world around me. My breathing quickened, my palms were sweaty and my thoughts spun frantically around in my head. I had no idea where I was, what my name was or why I was there. But the question that troubled me the most was: How did I get there?

Slowly and carefully I put my feet on the ground. Suddenly I realized I was barefoot and the wet asphalt under my bare feet was so cold it burned. Quickly I pulled them up again, too scared and confused to dare to move. I must have been sleepwalking... How else would I have ended up on a park bench in the middle of the night?

Someone else's strained breathing reached my ears. I pulled for breath, staring desperately into the darkness around me to see who (or what) was breathing in my ear. But the darkness made it impossible to see anything but my deathly pale shaking hands in front of me. A branch snapped. Lagging footsteps came closer and closer. Frightened tears pushed out of the corners of my eyes. The darkness pressed in upon me, made me feel small and helpless. My heart was about to brake. I closed my eyes, squeezed them hard and wished fervently that I was back in my bed again.

"Hey, Katie," a sudden voice said that made me jump and scream. I spun around as best as I could and stared into the dense darkness that surrounded me.

"Katie! Calm down! It's me, Derek!"A bell rang in the back of my head. Katie ... He must have been talking to me. My name was Katie ... And I was totally, totally crazy in love with Derek, right...? Suddenly he stood there in front of me, though I didn't know where he had been a millisecond earlier. My prince's familiar face smiled warmly at me and a part of all the fear and uncertainty I had had before disappeared.

"Derek ... What are you doing here?" I asked, still a little scared and shocked. In the darkness I could see his beautiful face harden and how it lost all signs of recognition.

"I was going to ask you the same thing ..."

"I don't know where I am ... I woke up here and - " I began, but stopped myself. "Where are we?"

As if to answer my question a cold wind blew through my body and gave me goose bumps all over my arms. A sharp flash dissolve the black sky and revealed the black outlines that surrounded us. I opened my eyes in fear and stifled a scream. Black, irregular shapes yet placed in perfect straight lines stuck up like an old man's teeth from the earth. An invisible crow cawed pleased when my breathing once more became faster. I didn't use to mind graveyards, but as I sat there, in the middle of the night, barefoot and in my pajamas, when rain threatened to start falling any second, it was not so encouraging to note that I was in a graveyard. I glanced in terror at Derek beside me. He stood there, looking out over the gravestones in an almost... amused expression. A strong gut feeling told me something was wrong. Very wrong...