Epilogue (alternative ending)

As people were asking for an alternative ending, I decided to write this :) I hope you all like this and don't forget to vote and leave a comment below.

Which ending do you prefer (well, I can probably guess haha)?

(And I have no idea how commentators talk in American Football games etc so I've just written what I felt like okay? X) )

---------------------------------------------

Katie Braddock's Point of View

"C'mon!" I scream as loud as I can from my seat at the VIP section even though I know he can't hear me. There's so much noise at the stadium that he probably can't even hear his own thoughts and definitely not my desperate attempts to let out my feelings. "RUUUN!"

"Downhill has the ball and the young running back is heading for another touchdown! But he's got a long way to go," the commentator says getting a little more excited than he should have, probably standing up instead of sitting.

"C'mon, baby, you can do this..."

"The bench is going wild, the coach is looking at the time... Thirty seconds left before the game is over... Can he do this? Will Downhill settle this again? It's a tie at moment and if young Mr. Downhill can pull this off... The LA Avengers are under with one point. One tiny point. If Downhill succeed with this, he will take his team to the gold medal!"

As always when I am watching important games I find myself standing up, just as everyone else. I might be screaming but I don't know. All I want is for him to score a touchdown, all I want is for the team to win. He deserves it, more than anything.

"Twenty seconds left, twenty seconds and there's not much time left. Run, for God's sake, son, RUN!"

"Please ...! You can do, this honey, I know you can! C'mon, baby, c'mon...!" I whisper biting my nails as the time is ticking doing, the boy getting closer and closer to the end zone. But so were the people chasing him.

The last fifteen seconds feels like slow-motion. People are screaming and shouting but I can't hear it. Everyone is jumping, going crazy with excitement. Maybe they can win. Maybe the LA Avengers can actually win the T.B.B-finale...!

But suddenly another thought goes through my head. What if he can't do it? What if he fails and don't manage to score any points? The media and the fans are going to kill him... And how am I supposed to support him through that? Maybe -

"He can make it, ten seconds left, ladies and gentlemen, ten seconds and Downhill is going to win this for his team Downhill is going to - DOWNHILL SCORES A TOUCHDOWN PEOPLE. HE HAS DONE IT AGAIN! ONCE AGAIN YOUNG DOWNHILL SETTLES THE GAME FOR HIS TEAM MATES AND LOS ANGELES AVENGERS ARE NOW T.B.B CHAMPIONS. Well done, kid... Well done!"

His smile is huge when he turn around and the game is over, eyes glittering with tears of happiness. I've never been this proud, never in my entire life, and suddenly I feel tears running down my face. He did it, just like his father...

"Coach Downhill joins his team on the field and there is no way he can hide his happiness. The legend gives his son a huge hug and I can only imagine how proud he must be right now. Derek Downhill, the youngest player to ever be a part of and win the T.B.B-league, has now finally met his overman and who would have thought it would be his seventeen years old son, Nathan Downhill!?

For three years now, Derek Downhill has been the head coach of the LA Avengers and he has been training his son, Nathan, since the kid first learnt to walk. But this is the first season where Downhill Jr. has been allowed to participate in his father's favourite league. And what a first season, folks! I have never seen anything like it! Seventeen years old and this boy is already the best running back this league has ever seen. His parents must be so proud of him. Derek and Katie Downhill have truly made a fantastic job raising this young talent. Congratulations, LA Avengers and Downhill! You've truly earned this victory. My nave is Dave Hudson and it has been a pleasure to follow this season with you. Over to the studio."

He did it. My baby did it. Nathan, my little darling actually did it. I'd always know that he had the capacity but to actually pull something like this off is something completely different. He's only seventeen after all, struggling with having time for school, football practice and friends, but Derek is taking it easy with him. All we want for him is to be happy. And when I look at him now, raising the golden trophy over his head, my little baby boy has never looked happier.

And we kind of lived happily ever after.

The end.