16. Me And My Guitar

ME AND MY GUITAR - TOM DICE

(Go and listen to that song if you havn't heard it yet. It's amazing! :D And that's the song Derek is singing in the chapter!)

A/N:

Hi, guys!

Thank you for encouraging me to keep writing this story. I would have given up months ago if it wasn't for you! So a massive THANK YOU TO YOU! :D <3 <3 <3

Here's chapter 16. Hope you enjoy it and I hope chapter 17 will be up soon :D

Love

Mattie

PLEASE FAN/VOTE/COMMENT IF YOU LIKE IT! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie's golden hair kept falling into her eyes and she stubbornly continued to put it back behind her ear. The headphones she had in the ears leaked a bit which meant she probably didn’t notice that I looked at her. She was too busy with the Physics and the music to see me. But if she had I would have blushed. Was it really true that I liked Katie? The idea was still stuck in the back of my head but I hadn’t solved the riddle yet.

I couldn’t help but smile when she, for the hundred and seventy fifth time, put the lock of hair behind the right ear and sighed, annoyed at her golden hair. Jonas cleared his throat and I looked up from my work partner beside me. He grinned at me and I gave him an angry look back. Obviously he was not giving up so easily...

"How’s physics going, Derek?" he asked teasingly and I sighed as I tried to ignore him. "Or do you like the view?"

"I don’t understand what you're talking about."

"You know very well what I'm talking about, my friend..." Jonas replied confidently and leaned back in his chair. Zoe had refused to sit down at our table and stubborn as she was, she had been looking up a table at the other end of the classroom. She sat alone and sketched a drawing.

"What time is it, Jonas?" I asked, deliberately avoided his assertion.

"You never answered my question..."

"I know I didn’t answer your question ... What time is it?"

"I don’t know! Like two thirty..."

Two thirty... It meant that we would quit for the day in just minutes. It meant that I would soon be going home to my place along with Katie in my car. Why did it make me so nervous? Or not really nervous, but ... I couldn’t put words to the feeling. It just felt... weird...

Before I knew it, the bell rang and all the students stood up simultaneously. Katie, who was still trapped in the world of music, didn’t seem to notice anything and I poked her with my elbow. She turned her eyes, those blue-gray eyes I was so fascinated by, against me and I couldn’t help noticing how the sun reflected in their shiny surface. The mysterious blue color matched perfectly with her blue shirt and light jeans. I smiled, completely involuntarily, towards her and she pulled the headphones out of her ears.

"What have I missed?" she asked confused and looked around at all the students who were on their way out the door. "Class dismissed?"

"Yeah ... But we're going home to me now to continue studying. Do you remember...?"

"Of course," she replied nonchalantly, but I thought I saw a little extra twinkle in her eye.

"Good. Are you coming?"

Seven minutes later, after we had gone past the lockers and retrieved our coats and laughing elbowing our way through the pupil ocean, we sat in my car. As usual, it was parked at the place nearest to the school. It always seemed to be empty, somehow. While Katie threw our bags in the back seat, I felt my phone vibrate. Just as I had expected, it was a text message from Jonas.