Castle Rendezvous #1

Luigi awoke in his room at the Jungleford inn. He sat up, yawning and stretching. "Oh, goodness... I shouldn't have partied so hard last night..."

PREVIOUS NIGHT - PARTY

"Luigi, don't you find this the least bit embarrassing?" asked Blooey skeptically as he watched Luigi dance around like there was no tomorrow.

"Nope, not at all!" shouted Luigi as he began shaking his behind, causing Blooey to look away in sheer unpleasantness.

When he found the courage to look back, Luigi was flailing his hands in the air, bouncing around.

Blooey facepalmed. "I'm going to bed..."

PRESENT

He slowly brought himself up out of bed, ate the toast that had again been somehow left on a plate on the table, and shuffled out of the room.

He went to the next room over and knocked on Blooey's door. The door opened almost immediately and there was Blooey, still as crisp-coloured as before. "Good morning, Luigi. I see you still haven't recovered from... uh... last night." Blooey said, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, no, hahaha... err... I'm sure I can get some rest on the boat. Speaking of which, I think that the next course of action will be to return to Minister Crepe at Castle Éclair and ask him about the location of the next Marvelous Compass piece." Luigi explained.

"Okay, then let's do that. I really want to go back there and taste their trademark Waffles again, anyway..." Blooey agreed, his stomach rumbling.

The two left the hallway and headed back into the foyer, where they deposited their room keys in the box next to the snoring Alice. As they left the hotel, they were greeted by Mayor Forrester strolling towards them.

"Good morning to the two of you!" he called. "Good morning!" Luigi responded.

"I must say Luigi, that was some energetic dancing of yours last night." Mayor Forrester complimented.

Luigi smiled. "Thank you very much, sir!" He cast a glance at Blooey, who rolled his eyes.

"Well, the villagers and I are all in your debt. Please, do return any time you like and stay for free. The receptionist might give you some trouble, though, she wasn't too hot on the idea..." Mayor Forrester said.

"Gee, what a shocker," Luigi murmured, himself and Blooey both chuckling.

"Well, I suppose you must be going. Hero business and all that. I hope you come and visit sometime!" Mayor Forrester exclaimed, to which Luigi nodded.

"Oh, definitely, I couldn't live if I never had any more of that forest mushroom casserole!" Luigi said, dreamily.

"Haha, yes. Well, I will bid the both of you goodbye. See you soon!" Mayor Forrester exclaimed.

"Bye!" Luigi called, waving as the Mayor scurried off towards his house, muttering something about more sleep.

"Well, let's head off." Blooey said. The two of them walked out of the village, heading down the bright, grassy, flowery path that had once been dark and muddy.

As they trekked through the beautiful trees and beds of grass, Blooey smiled ever so slightly. "You know it's quite a wondrous transformation we witnessed here." he commented.

"The miracle of life, Blooey, the miracle of life." Luigi replied, also smiling.

-----------

One boat ride later, Luigi was back on the docks where it all began for him. The Waffle Kingdom smelled as good as ever, the scent of waffles immediately reaching his nose.