t w e l v e

chapter | twelve

song:
come out and play - billie eilish

petals pov
3:12am

the concept of sleeping before seeing someone that inspires you in so many ways, being my secret wife and another person who takes my mind off so much shit and paints my face red every text and call we throw at each other is impossible.

my hair laid messily over my head like a crown as i lay down on the soft sheets of my bed. my back sunk into the soft mattress, my eyes staring up at the roof with small blotches of light from outside.

today is the day. the literal day being that i get to see ethan dolan.

i can admit and say that every bone in my body is compelling me to pick up the damn phone and call his ass. but i don't want that, i want him to rest so we can have the best 2 months.

summer starting and school ending quite literally yesterday is making it hard for me to not just party around my room, bouncing on my toes as my hair floats in the air.

nadias small snores could be heard beside me as she laid on her side; facing me. her face squished into the pillow, strands of hair in her face as her hand rested so close to my arm.

her bags already packed at the bottom of my bed due to her being an organised and tidy ass who teased me about not packing enough. a smile rests on my lips as i begin to lose myself more and more into the thoughts of how our summer break will go.

7:00pm
bowery ballroom

my palms began to sweat out of nerves and excitement, the voices of people around me freaking out just as much as i am. nadia stands with me, noticing the little amount of people gathered here.

bowery ballroom is where we resided in currently, and i couldn't have been more grateful for the space. i could sense the heat being an issue when i decide to jump up and down like a lunatic, but how could you not if you were at a billie eilish show?

my mind began to race about how incredibly bizarre it was that ethan got the same tickets as me.

he could of gone to the many bigger shows, but instead he was going to be coming to the one me and nadia got tickets for.

nadias hands gripped my shoulders, shocking me out of my thoughts. every feature of hers screamed 'excited'. her excited grin with teeth shining through, her eyes glowing as a high-pitched squeal escaped her lips.

"bro we are going to witness the one and only billie eilish!" her voice being louder due to the people around us; music playing in the background also.

"i know!" i lean in towards her, my arms gripping tight around my stomach. nerves swarming around inside.

"and..." her cheeky grin was plastered on as she nudges my body, making me take a step back as she carries on talking. "right after we are on our way to new jersey!" her voice sounding higher at the very end.

"seems pretty sick to me." she spoke mainly to herself, yet all eyes were shifting nack and forth onto her.

"i wish it were winter though," i paused, biting onto my bottom lip as i imagined the pretty white soft snow, the scarfs and layers of jerseys.

"well then we would still be in school," she pauses with a shrug. "and the holidays aren't that long." nadia began to get technical, making my eyes roll with a smile. her eyes focus on the railings above us, my hand smacking her out of her trance.