t h i r t e e n

chapter | thirteen

song:
bellyache - billie eilish

ethans pov

you know that really intense feeling you get in your chest where you feel as if you can literally feel your heart pounding against your ribcage? you'd think of it to be weird, or painful? but really it is exhilarating and powerful.

it almost feels heavy but light at the same time. there isn't a real way of totally explaining every little thing happening to your body.

but i just know everything i'm feeling is caused by her.

the show had started, everyone was nearly squished together, but at the same time we all had enough room for no injuries.

i particularly liked this crowd, every was absolutely excited, and you could definitely tell. but everyone knew when to just take in billies song and hush for a bit to get in all her amazing notes.

her voice is something i was quite shocked about. at such a young age she has made such a big impact on people.

she has proved people wrong.

connected and reached people.

she has helped so much and she doesn't even know just how much.

i guess for me, it felt so surreal to know she was on stage with her brother.

her hair was a faded blue, more white when you think about it. her little isolations as she danced were so moving and amazing.

i didn't fully get it all through my head.

i didn't get it.

but when my eyes fell onto petal, her body moved along with billies. it's like she felt the music so well that when she hit every beat, it looked effortless.

even the small beats you wouldn't quite notice until it were focused on completely; she him them.

it amazed you.

the movements, the music, the people.

both these people amazed me.

everything in this exact moment, was perfect for me. i felt my eyes begin to glow as i watched petal carefully.

her little movements, hitting almost every note and beat. her body isolating perfectly, flowing along. nadia, her best friend was going crazy. socialising and nodding her head with everyone around us.

it seemed as if petal were in her own little world, and i admired that.

my eyes just didn't want to leave her. 

for the first time, i am here in person with the girl that hadn't left my mind in days.

it felt magical. i guess i just didn't want it to end.

the slow, bitches broken hearts, had finally ended with billies signature look. 

most would call it the 'resting bitch face'. but personally, i would have to agree. her fingers gripped onto the mic as her head did a light swing.