Chapter 3

Alright, all the comments and questions have me updating AGAIN for y'all. You guys keep commenting this much and I'm gonna be updating daily! I'm so glad you're embracing the Mayans being in this story! I have to give credit to Tory_15 for inspiring me to watch Mayans which is what made me want to incorporate them! I wasn't planning on revealing this much in this chapter but so many seem concerned so, I'll move it up a bit! xoxo

--

Angel and Coco straightened the bedroom again and headed back to the yard with some guilt weighing on them. The day went as they always did but the mystery surrounding Katie was nagging at them, even more so on Angel, especially when they returned to find she was gone from the yard. A few days after having snooped around her place Angel, EZ and Coco sautered into the front office. Katie was there, again, but they were surprised to see her.

"What are you doing here?" Angel asked, still greeting her with a smile.

"Boys," she smiled at them. "Chucky had to go with Riz for some copper thing," she shrugged.

"Can we keep her?" Coco asked Bishop, who was at his desk in the back, jokingly.

"Think you should ask Angel," Ez said quietly to Coco.

Angel walked behind her, his hand on her waist then running along her lower back, to grab a clipboard. "Hey, sorry if your shit was messed up, I knocked it over the day." He wanted to cover himself, even though it had been a day or so, just in case he and Coco missed something before leaving. "That fucking cat that hangs out by your window scared the shit outta me, I kicked over your table."

Katie looked at him and laughed, rolling her eyes. "Typical. I noticed but figured you were being dumb and I was right." And she never would have guessed he'd snoop nor would he have guessed the combination to the safe she never even mentioned to him.

"Hey, I picked it up," he said defensively. "I was gonna say something but you were gone when I got back."

"I was uhh, busy," she said with a shrug. "I had to run out."

Angel nodded. "I got some shit over the wall but you wanna meet up after?"

Smiling, Katie nodded. "Sure."

"Maybe we can grab dinner?"

Her smile fell and she looked at him with eyes he hadn't seen since they first met. Angel had pushed it and he made Katie suddenly suspicious, her distrust stung more than he would have suspected. "You want to go out? Like a date?"

"I just wanna eat," he backpedaled. "And no offense but you can't cook like those little abuelas by my dad's shop."

Katie laughed. "Oh yeah, no way. You guys will disown me if I tried cause I know it will not come close."

"I'll pick you up when I'm done," Angel said.

Katie nodded, pulling her phone from the back pocket of her jeans as Hank and hurried in and right through to the back where Bishop had been. She perked up, watching intently, as they spoke, huddled together over the desk. Angel and Coco didn't seem to notice, they left the front office, as Katie tried to eavesdrop. She wasn't sure if they trusted her or thought she was just too stupid to learn but they still believed she hadn't picked up a word of Spanish. Katie did though, she worked hard and learned up a lot from books, the internet and spending time with them, and she used it often to listen in on their private conversations

She never asked about their club business and they never mentioned it. Sure, she knew they were in with a cartel, she knew that from the start, but only because of all she had learned from the Sons. The Mayans, however, had no idea she was clued in on their less legitimate dealings, they thought she was blissfully unaware of their illegal activities and that was how she wanted it. It was easy to piece everything together, thanks to her years in Charming, and she felt safer knowing everything about them while keeping herself veiled. Sure, no one expected her to believe they were innocents, just as they knew she wasn't either, but they all kept their details muddled for a reason.