Chapter 5

"I hate this," Happy grumbled to Jax quietly. They had to welcome the Mayans into their clubhouse, which was fine at first, but he didn't like Coco or Angel and that changed things.

"Why'd we agree?"

"Cause they been on the road," Jax sighed. "Alvarez needed the help and we need eyes down there. These guys can help."

"I don't trust em'" Happy admitted.

"You don't trust anybody anymore," Jax sighed. "I know how it feels, brother."

"Is it us?" Happy asked nodding over to Angel who was talking pleasantly with Juice. "Looks like he's ready to fucking patch Mayan."

"He's like a goddamn puppy," Jax said. "Juice likes everyone."

"You think Ryan killed them?" Happy asked suddenly. "Maybe the Irish killed em' all."

Jax looked at him, furious he'd bring it up and shook his head. "We got work to do."
Meanwhile, across the room Alvarez voiced his concerns to his cousin.

"Angel," Bishop called over to him.

Angel glanced back and nodded, ending his conversation with Juice to join Bishop and Alvarez.

"What's going on?"

"That talk we were gonna have when we got back? It needs to happen now."

Angel looked at Alvarez, his expression was proof that he'd been caught, and nodded as he sat. They had chosen a table in the far corner, both Alvarez and Bishop sitting next to each other with their backs to the wall, Angel across from them, his back to the others.

"The girl," Alvarez sighed.

"I know," he nodded. "They're looking for her and her daughter."

"You know?" He asked incredulously. "They turned northern Cali inside out," Alvarez said angrily, leaning forward and speaking with his finger in Angel's face. "They're unhinged, dropping bodies for months looking for anything that would bring them home."

"Why?" Angel asked quickly.

"Why?" Bishop eyed Angel suspiciously. "A missing wife and child brings out the worst in people."

"What do you know?" Angel asked Alvarez.

Alvarez glared at Angel, not liking his tone, but answered. "That her and her kid were kidnapped," Alvarez told him. "That's it, they were keeping details close."

"Bish, can we talk?" Angel moved his eye toward the door.

"Something you don't wanna tell me?"

"It ain't that, Hefe," Angel lied.

Uncomfortable with the request but still agreeing, Bishop gave Alvarez a look. "I'll fill you in. Angel's just feeling a little shy," he said before heading outside with Angel.

"What is this?" Bishop asked Angel angrily. Any sympathy he had for the complicated feelings Angle had was long gone. "Who is she?"

"She's a girl," he said forcefully. "She didn't do anything."

"Tell me," Bishop growled.

Angel swallowed hard and nodded. "That body they found in Merchant Square was IRA. He's the one who took Katie and her kid, set her up as a rat with his bosses and the club. I killed him last year, for her."

"You bringing the goddamn IRA down on us?" Bishop said, louder than he should have, as he shoved Angel back. "This shouldn't have waited. You shoulda came to me last fucking year!"