Chapter 11

After Happy and Angel were finally pulled apart they were pushed to opposite sides of the room. Happy, despite the situation, had expected Katie to go with him but instead, she stood by Angel's side inspecting his injuries with concern.

"Are you okay?" She asked, her fingers running along his body to survey the damage.

"I'm good," he grunted, clearing his throat. "What are you doing here?"

She sighed, the sting of his disappointed expression too much to handle, and looked away. "I wanted to clear the Mayans."

"You're not a fucking martyr," he said harshly. "This wasn't smart, Katie. You didn't even tell EZ, you just split."

"I know it was dumb," she whimpered. "I'm tired of you cleaning up my messes, Angel."

"That's my job," he told her quietly. "Lemme get you the fuck outta here."

"We're not done," she sucked in her bottom lip. "I'm not done."

"I'm not done till you are," he said, planting himself in his spot beside her. "What's your plan?"

Katie laughed, "I don't have one."

"Can I trust you not to let this escalate?" Marcus said to Angel, slowly moving over to join them.

"Padrino," Angel reached out to hug Alvarez. "I'll keep it under control."

"I let Bishop know you got your ass kicked," he gestured to the group of Sons across the room.

"I got shot," Angel said, "He had the upper hand."

Alvarez chuckled a bit. "I'm sure he's on his way."

"Great," Katie sighed. "Daddy's coming, we're all in trouble now."

Angel snickered a little but kept a straight face. "I don't think this is Mayans and Sons anymore."

"It's not," she sighed. "Now that we know they don't think I was the rat it's just messy personal relationships."

"Those can be more dangerous," Alvarez said sagely. "Take it out of the clubhouse."

Katie looked at Angel. "Let's go back, I can clean you up and they can come to my place. We can talk, he can see Charlie, things will shake out somehow."

"Not your place," he said quickly. "I don't want them to know where you're staying."

"I won't be staying there long," she shrugged. "Even if I don't go back, which, after this shit, it's looking more likely, I'll need a bigger place."

"We'll need a bigger place," he corrected her.

Katie smiled but didn't say anything else. "Two hours?"

"Yeah," Angel shrugged.

Summoning her courage she turned and headed over toward Jax and the others. "Two hours, we can meet at my place, you can see Charlotte and whatever else has to be said can be said."

Jax rolled his jaw and nodded. "Okay. Two hours. What's the address?"

"I'll text you," she said coolly. "Same number?"

"Yeah, we didn't change phones, just in case," he huffed, feeling embarrassed. "She okay?"

"She's fine, she was on her own for a while so I don't know what's in her head but she's safe now."

"We'll see about that," he said harshly. "Two hours."

Katie and Angel arrived back at her place to find EZ sleeping on the couch and Charlotte watching TV, his feet on her lap.