chapter 21: A second beggining

After making sure everything was back the way it was I decided I would go for a walk to clear my head. I strolled down the street for a long while before I got to cold and decided to duck inside a book store and buy a coffee from its attached shop.

I sat down and started to drink when I noticed someone sit down in front if me. I looked up and nearly spit out my coffee at the sight "I was not expecting to see you here" I said looking up at my tattoo covered friend who held his youngest daughter in his lap "Miyavi"

Miyavi smiled at Reita while his daughter played with his hands "My girl wanted to get that new manga that came out so I brought her " He said pointing over to his older Daughter who was talking with some other people in the manga section of the bookstore.

"I see" I said giving a understanding nod. "so whats going on with you, i haven't seen you since i came to visit after your accident... how are you and Ruki?" he asked with a wink. "oh" I said slumping my shoulders. "well ... I think I may have hurt him worse than I ever have before." Miyavi tilted his head in concern and asked "what happened?"

"Well" I started and began to explain to Miyavi what all had a occurred in the last several weeks. After I finished Miyavi gave my hair a small ruffle and said gently "you don't need to worry so much"

"but Miyavi... I forgot EVERYTHING .... His love for me, my love was it really that strong if it was so easily forgotten?" After saying this Miyavi stopped ruffling my hair and gave my head and smack my head "ow!" 

"Reita, you know how much I love my girls and wife right?" Miyavi asked and I looked up at him "you told me once that they're your whole world right?" I said with a shrug and Miyavi nodded before continuing what he was saying " okay.. you wanna know how much I think you loved and are still able to love Ruki?" 

I paused a moment before nodding and listening intently to his words "to you Ruki was far more than your world...He was your whole universe .. your entire life"

I stared at Miyavi for a moment before a tear fell from my eye. I quickly wiped it away just before Miyavi's youngest daughter reached across the table and smacked her hand on top of mine "Dawn't Cwy Weita-chan." she said making me smile.

Her dad patted her hand and made her sit down "you understand now...love that big doesn't just disappear...it's still in you." I nodded "maybe you're right." I said slumping back in my chair and sighing.

Miyavi then perked up and looked behind me " I know i'm right... and here's your chance to prove it." he said pointing ou the window behind me. I turned around to see Ruki standing up in front of Kaolu looking deep in thought, then Kaolu stood up and patted his back making the coffee in his hand spill.

Kaolu quickly blew and wiped off Rukis hand, Watching the two be so very friendly with each other made my head hot,, and when Ruki started to laugh and take Kaolu's arm like they were going on a date I stood up and walked out of the store completely forgetting Miyavi.

I excited the shop and just as I was about to call out to his Ruki but when I actually heard his laugh and saw his wide bright smile. I reluctantly turned and walked away but not before catching a glimpse of a disappointed looking Miyavi.