Chapter 2: Awakening

(Uruha's P.O.V) ( Aoi and Uruha in this chapter)

I have never felt so helpless n m life, as when I did sitting there in a hospital room silently listening to the heart monitor beep steadily telling me Reita's heart still beat. I sat there slowly strumming my guitar as I tried to erase the image of Aoi's pained and terrified expression from my mind.

It's been almost two weeks since Reita fell into a coma. We've Canceled the tour, Ruki has shut himself up at home, Aoi is still in shock , having nightmares every night, while Kai and myself take turns staying in the hospital to watch over Reita in case he wakes up.

Without realizing it my hands had slowly stopped playing and I was lost in the painful thought of Aoi waking up the past several nights, screaming from the nightmares. Just as I started to fade off into the world of thoughts I heard a simple groan.

My mind quickly snapped back to reality and and I focused my mind on Reita. I jumped from my chair when I heard another groan. My guitar swung to my back and I leaned over the bed so I could look down at my blonde friend when he started to slightly turn his head and groan a bit more.

That's when I started to call out to him “Reita! .. Reita can you hear me!?”. Slowly his eyes started to open but shut back once the sun hit them. It scared me for a moment until I saw him lift his weak arm to shade his face so he could open them again.

I Stared into his dark eyes waiting as he slowly looked into my own eyes “Uru” he said almost like a question and that's when the tears started. I now smiled at him while my eyes started to blur with water “Yea.. Yea it's me Reita.”

Reita's eyes now fully open looked at me while I slowly began to sob. “ Uru .. You're crying “ he said his voice slightly cracking “ you never cry.”. I then started wiping away my tears and said “ Well, I'm just so happy you fucking asshole”

I Stood up and started heading for the door and I could feel Reita looking at me “ Wait , im going to get the doctor” I said as I looked back at him and opened the door.

I excited the room at right down the hall was the doctor. “DOCTOR SHINOMIYA” I called out as I ran up to him “ My friend is awake”. The doctor looked at me and then back at the nurse that stood with him “Please go get Alana for me okay tell her to come to Suzuki Akira's room” The nurse nodded and left. The doctor then looked back at me and we walked back to Reita's room.

Once in the room he walked over to Reita and started to ask questions about how he was feeling. Meanwhile I had pulled out my phone and called Kai. As soon as he answered he heard my sniffles and began to think the worst.

“Is.. Did Reita..” He tried to ask but I stopped him “ NO , no no!” I exclaimed “ But.. He is awake.”. Kai fell silent a moment but then I heard a whimper , a sniffle and a quiet “ Oh my god”

I smiled slightly “ Listen.. I'm going to go get Aoi .. Can you get Ruki?” I asked getting a quick “Yea yea of course in response. I then thanked him, hung up and started to head for the door when I was stopped b the doctor.

“wait a moment please” He said “ can you please write down a few questions and answers we can ask to see if his memory are intact.” . I nodded and took his clipboard he had held out. I wrote down a few questions about the band and our names , his cell phone number, favorite foods and such. And just as I was about to hand back the clip board I wrote one more question “Are you in a romantic relationship with anyone?”. I then handed the board back and excused my self.

I then got in my car and headed to Mine and Aoi's apartment. Once there I swung the door open and ran in forgetting to take my shoes off. “ AOI!” I called out and the Black haired man sat up from his position on the couch “ What is it” he asked tiredly.

I looked at him sitting there and the happiness just exploded within me causing me to run over to Aoi and kiss him. He was shocked at first but accepted my affection and when I broke the kiss I looked in his eyes lit up and his warm smiled that I hadn't seen in a while reappeared on his face.

“Let's go .. get dressed” I said as I pecked his lips and he jumped up revealing his bare chest and fluffy blue pajama pants. He ran into the bedroom , got dressed and came out happy as a clam. We then headed back to the hospital hand in hand.