Chapter 10

I look around and grab the shampoo, wincing. I open it and put some in my hand. I close it and start to put the shampoo in my hair. As I lather the shampoo in my hair, the door opens. I tense but sigh when I see Dean walk in. "Okay, I have the towel and the first aide cream. The hot water bottle is on our bed when you're done." Dean tells me. I nod as he puts his hands on my head, making me stop. "I'll do it. You sit there and relax." Dean tells me. I blush as I nod, putting my hands in the water. I close my eyes, sighing happily when I feel Dean massage my scalp as he lathers the shampoo in my hair.

"Do you still feel pain?" Dean asks me. I nod as I wrap my arms around my midsection under the water. "I'll put the hot water bottle there when you get out." Dean tells me. I nod and sigh happily when he continues massasinng my scalp. "Okay. Time to rinse the shampoo out. Then I'll put the conditioner in." Dean tells me. I nod as I lean my head back. I feel Dean move his hands out of my hair, making me whimper. I hear Dean chuckle as he pours some water on my hair, getting the shampoo out.

When Dean finishes putting both shampoo and conditioner in my hair, I open my eyes. "Okay. I got one of my shirts and sweatpants for you." Dean tells me. I nod as I slowly get out of the tub, wincing. Dean helps me out the tub, handing me a towel. I take it and wrap it around myself. Dean walks out the bathroom, closing the door behind himself. I drop the towel and dry myself slowly, trying not to cause any more pain that what I already feel. I wrap the towel around myself as I wince. "Dean?" I call out. I look at the door and watch Dean walk back in. "Hand me the clothes please? And my undergarments?" I ask him. He nods as he grabs them, putting them over his shoulder. I grab my undergarments and put them on, dropping the towel after. I grab the clothes and slide the shirt on. I slide the sweatpants on and roll the top part of the sweatpants twice.

I step to the side and grab the towel off the floor, wincing. I dry my hair as Dean looks at me in the mirror. "Do you want me to carry you to bed?" He asks me. "If you want to. If you don't you want to then you don't have to." I say quickly. He chuckles as he raises an eyebrow. I put the towel on the counter, squealing when he picks me up. I quickly grab his shirt, looking at him. "Why did you do that?" I ask him. "Well, I want to carry you." Dean replies as he walks to the door. I open the door and Dean walks out. I watch Sam look up and raise an eyebrow. "Is she okay?" Sam asks him. "Yeah, I said I wanted to carry her so I am. I don't like seeing her in pain." Dean replies. Sam nods as he carries me to his bed. He sits me on my side and I get under the covers. He grabs his duffel bag and opens it. He gets a cream out, making me raise an eyebrow. "Is that the cream that heals our cuts and bruises?" I ask him. He looks at me and nods. "How do you know about it?" He replies. "My mom called Bobby about that cream. How to make it actually. But she also added her own stuff in it as well." I tell him.

Dean nods as he drops his bag on the floor. He opens the cream and puts a bit on his 2 fingers. I lift the shirt up and look at Dean. He gently applies it to the bruise on my jaw, around the claw stab on my side, the bruises on my stomach, and the bruise overlapping my left shoulder. I wince as he puts more on my shoulder. "Okay, now I'm going to apply some more later. It takes a few hours for the bruises to heal but those look real bad." Dean tells me. I nod as he puts the cream back in his duffel bag. I put the shirt on, holding in a wince. He wipes his hand on his shorts and walks over to his side of the bed. "What are we going to do now?" I ask him. "Well, Sam and I were going to interview the victim's coworkers and some of her friends. But Sam can do that alone. I'm staying here with you." Dean tells me.

I nod and look at Sam. "You don't mind, do you Sam?" I ask him. He chuckles and shakes his head. "No, I don't. I've done it before. You rest up. If it means having Dean by your side then so be it." Sam replies. I nod as I look at the blanket. I feel like a burden. They have to take care of me when I should've just stayed and listened to Dean. Oh moon goddess, why make me this way? I feel like I'm taking Dean away from the case. I don't like making someone stay and take care of me.

Edit 08/15/23