Chapter 12

I whimper as another tear falls down my cheek. "I miss them, Dean. I miss them all." I whimper out. Dean nods as he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. I hide my face in his chest as I break down. "It's okay, Anna. It's going to be okay. They're always watching over you in heaven. I bet they're smiling down at you right now." Dean whispers in my ear. I choke on a sob as I grip his shirt, wishing that they were back with me. Dean would've loved meeting Matt. Matt would've seen him as an older brother like Sam sees me as an older sister. I wish they would've met before they died.

I move impossibly closer to Dean, my cries going to whimpers and sniffles. "Don't worry about them. They're okay. Your younger twin brothers are being watched by your baby sister." Dean whispers in my ear as he rubs my back. I nod as I nuzzle my face in his chest. "I'm sorry." I whisper. "Don't be. It helps to just talk about it." Dean replies, making me pull out of the hug. I shake my head as I put my hands on his shoulders. "I'm not gonna lie and say it doesn't. I mean it does but if you have to yell at the person to get it off your shoulders, it's wrong. That person did nothing wrong and yet you're yelling at them." I tell him.

He nods as he slides his hands down my ass then up to my hips, making me smile a bit. "Well, that is true. But if it helps get it off your shoulders then fine by me. As long as I get to hold you close to me when you break down." Dean replies, making me giggle. "Of course but it's not going to be right for you if you get yelled at." I say, making Dean scoff. "I didn't yell back because you're my mate. If it was anyone else, even Sammy, then I'm going to retaliate. But since it's you, I'm not and I'm just going to listen because all you really need is a shoulder to cry on and someone to be by your side no matter what." Dean explains to me. I raise an eyebrow and tilt my head. "Oh really? Because last time that happened they got killed and I was to blame." I tell him. Every time I try to have someone by my side, they end up dead.

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Well, that's in your past now. I'm here and that's all that matters." Dean replies. I blush as I look away, smiling. "Come on, Anna. I know you want to smile. Just let me see that beautiful smile." Dean says, making me look at him. "What smile? I have no idea what you're talking about." I say innocently. He chuckles as he throws me over his shoulder. I squeal and grab the top of his jeans, trying not to cry out. "Dean put me down." I squeal out as he walks to the door. "Nope, you are not getting down until you admit that you want to smile at me." Dean replies. "I will not. And remember..." I trail off as I punch the lower part of his back. He goes down a bit and I flip over his shoulder. I turn and shove him to the floor, face first. He groans as I sit on his back. "I know way more than you. I've done this since I was 8. You did it when you were 10. Do the math." I say as I grip his hair, forcing his head up. He groans and nods, making me smile. "Now if you do that again, I will do worse." I growl in his ear as I let go of his hair. I get up and do a back flip when he tries to grab me.

He goes to grab me but I dodge and hit him in his side. He grunts and goes for my side. I do a side twirl then kick him in his leg. He groans as he falls down on one knee. I go to kick him but gasp when I see him pull out a ring. "It's not that kind of ring. Trust me I'm not even ready to ask that." Dean says quickly. I look at him then the ring again. "Why did you pull a ring out?" I ask him. "Because it's a promise ring. I may have come off on a bad start with you. I mean, I caused that accident that you were in." Dean replies.

"But you-" He cuts me off. "Let me finish." Deal says, making me roll my eyes. "I may have been the cause of that accident, but you had a right to leave. I was a player, I admit that. But three months ago, I didn't know you. I thought you were a friend of Jo or the twins. I only saw you as that. But when my wolf realized that you were my mate, I stopped having sex with women. I am loyal to you and only you. I promise to never go back to any other woman except you. I promise never to go back to my old ways. I promise to make sure you are okay before anything. I promise to make you feel loved and cherished. So, Annabelle Harvelle, do you accept my promise ring?" Dean says, making me wipe my eye. Is he serious? I want to say yes but I also don't want him killed. Fuck it. We're both going to get killed one or these days. Might as well say....