Chapter 45: New Beginning

I fell onto the ground, laying my whole body on the dirt. My tears and sobs still wouldn't stop, and it seemed like hours before I felt a hand on my back. Serena said my name softly, and I sobbed into her shoulder as she hugged me. So many tears were being shed today.

"They're gone..." I whimpered. "And we can never go back... Never again."

"I know..." Serena stroked my brown hair above my ponytail. "But they're safe now. We all are."

I stayed in her arms for a bit longer, and pushed away. I tried to wipe my tears, my head aching from all the crying. Serena just grinned at me, her face wet from her own tears. I blinked, remembering something. I pulled up my shirt to check my belly.

The emblem was no longer there.

My heart wrenched in sadness again. "I'll never forget them. For as long as I live. Fairy Tail will live on in my heart." I looked down at my team, who were still outside their Pokéballs from before. I searched for their emblems too, but couldn't find them either. "In all of ours."

"Ours too," Ash said, his face all red from crying too. "We may not have been there near as long as you, but we definitely would call them family." I looked at Ash, and grinned in happiness. "And don't forget about rule 3. We have to live our lives to the fullest, no matter what." He pumped his fist at this.

"Yeah," I replied. "Of course we will."

"But...what are you going to be doing now that you're back?" Clemont asked.

"Well..." I looked up into the sky, seeing a Fletchling flying across it's bright blue. "I never really told anyone, but I want to try and be a breeder. Since there's really nothing else to shoot for as a champion, I want to add something new to my life, I guess."

"Wow." Serena's eyes were sparkling. "What made you not be one before?"

"Mostly the fact that I was just too scared to leave. I barely had the courage to beg the Elite Four to give me a week off just to me and my team. I just...don't like people being mad at me. But now...after everything that's happened. I'm definitely ready."

"And we'll be rooting for you, too," Ash said. "We'll even come with you to tell them if you want!"

I giggled. "Sure. I think that would be great."

~~~

"I'm so excited for you, Ellie!" Serena smiled at me as we ate in the cafeteria. The Elite Four was also there to congratulate me. I was shocked when they said yes so easily.

"We've decided that we want you to be happy with what you do. It's not right to try and keep you here just for our reputation. We realize that now."

"What about my parents?" I asked. "Have you talked to them?"

"Well, no..." Drasna, the dragon type user answered. "We thought that you would with them being your parents."

My heart jumped in fear. "Oh...o-okay." They were the two people I feared more than the Elite Four with these news. "I'll talk to them, then..."

"Are you scared to, Ellie?" Clemont asked. "If you are, I know how you feel. Don't worry, we'll be right by your side."

I looked at all the trainers, and they all grinned at me in confidence. I took a deep breath. "Okay...Let's do it." We all got up and walked to one of the phones with a screen in the lobby. I lifted my finger, hesitating on dialing the number to home.

"You can do this, Ellie." I turned my head, seeing Ash grinning at me. Pikachu blinked sweetly at me on his shoulder, and Ash nodded in encouragement.