Chapter 1: Leaving New Orleans

Lya waited till after Hope left for Mystic Falls with Hayley before she even began packing for her trip. She didn't want to upset her cousin with the news that she was leaving like pretty much everyone else in the family. The little girl had already lost her father to the Hollow, Lya didn't want her thinking she was losing anyone else because of it.

"Hey Kid" Marcel appeared in the doorway of the room that was now Lya's but long ago had been his. "Why are you pack? I thought you weren't going to the school with Hope."

"I'm not" Lya said zipping her bag shut and heading back to her closet. "I'm going to find away to destroy the Hollow."

"Lya, your thirteen" Marcel said watching as the girl pulled a leather jacket from her closet and pulled it on. "It's not your job to save the Mikaelsons from this."

"Marcel, I have to do something" Lya told him walking back to her bag and sling it over her shoulder. "Their my family and Hope shouldn't be forced to grow up without her dad like I was."

"Is that what this is about" Marcel asked following the girl as she headed for the stairs.

"I don't know" Lya shouted in frustration "All I know is that my cousin can't hug her father and that I can possibly fix that but I have to leave New Orleans to do that."

"Where will you go?" Marcel asked getting the teenager to stop at the front gates.

Lya paused for a moment. She hadn't really thought of where she was going. After a moment of thing she spoke up. "Home" she told her friend. "I'm going home to the Enchanted Forest."

"Are you sure that's..." Marcel began only to get cut off before he could finish.

"It probably isn't a good idea" Lya told him "but I know there's a chance I'll find something and I have to take it."

"Fine" Marcel gave in, knowing that no one could convince her not to go. "Just be careful. Otherwise your Aunts and Uncles might kill me for letting you go to begin with."

"Thank you Marcel" Lya smiled up at the vampire before kissing his check. She quickly turned to leave the compound but stopped suddenly and turned back to Marcel. "Oh and one last thing, Aunt Bex is in New York. I suggest you man up and go be with her because what's going on between you two is unhealthy and will lock you in closet if you both don't work everything out."

Both Marcel could react the girl disappeared into the crowd of people in the French Quarter. She may be young but the Hollow took her family from her and she was going to fight for Always and Forever, even if it got her killed.