Chapter 25

Bambam was getting antsy in his own home. He tried to keep himself busy by fluffing up the couch pillows all over again even though he had done that exactly four times in the last twenty minutes already. The boy tried all in his power to distract himself from the fact that Yugyeom was soon forty minutes late for their sleepover.

He checked their chat again, the last text message was twenty minutes ago in which Yugyeom had told him he had fallen asleep and would try to be there as soon as possible.

Just as he wanted to call the other a knock could be heard on the door. It sounded quite unsure and nerves rushed through Bambam all over again. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off with Yugyeom.

When he opened the door the smile that had formed on his face vanished just as quickly as it had come.

The person in front of him looked nothing like the Yugyeom he usually saw. This one had puffy and red eyes, irritated cheeks which probably came from rubbing tears away forcefully and no bright smile.

To say that the sight shattered Bambam's heart would have been an understatement.

He felt his throat tighten and the urge to hug the boy had never been stronger so he did just that. He pulled Yugyeom by the sleeve and wrapped his arms around his body. The latter tensed up against his chest and Bambam wrote it off as surprise at suddenly being hugged but when Yugyeom didn't loosen up again he pulled away a bit and frowned.

Yugyeom wouldn't meet his eyes and freed himself from Bambam's now loose hold.

What the-

"Sorry for being late" He mumbled and shrugged out of his shoes but Bambam just waved his hand in a dismissing manner even though he was sure Yugyeom didn't even register it.

"Don't worry about that," He tried a smile, "Wanna go to my room?"

It was a surprise that Yugyeom's head didn't fall off with how fast he shook it. "Can't we chill in the living room?"

Slightly caught off by the question Bambam slowly nodded. "Yes sure, let me just quickly get my laptop"

Yugyeom didn't even answer him but just walked off to the living room.

When Bambam returned he found Yugyeom sitting on the huge couch, looking the most uncomfortable Bambam had ever seen him. But also the most fragile. For someone as tall and well built like Yugyeom it was strange to see his so sunken into himself, like the couch was swallowing him up and the boy just embraced it without a fight.

Yugyeom honestly looked shattered.

Bambam coughed so the other would notice him and to not scare him as he settled down next to Yugyeom, their tights lightly touching. Upon feeling the contact the brown haired boy scooter away, putting a safe distance between them which made Bambam frown again.

He would lie to say it didn't hurt his heart a little.

Nonetheless he turned on his laptop and opened the game website as if nothing had happened.

"So do you wanna go for a dressing up game or makeup?"

Yugyeom blinked his eyes at him, "What was that? Sorry I zoned out for a bit"

"I- I just asked what game you'd like to play first"

"I don't really care"

Something about the tone of his voice made something in Bambam ache but it was stupid, right? It was just a stupid game, of course it doesn't matter a lot.