Seat 30B

Airport security inched along slowly as Rey thrummed her passport, ready to be checked over and scrutinized by whatever tired security officer called her name.

It was five pm on a normal workweek Tuesday, seriously how busy could an airport be? Even if it was LAX.

Due to her prolonged lunch with Finn —caused by her desire to stay with her best friend as long as possible— and some really unreasonable construction traffic, she was now very close to missing her flight. Thankfully her light packing saved the time of having to check her bag.

Rey looks over longingly at the Pre-TSA line that moves along without fluidly, before leaning over the man in front of her to stare at her lengthy, snail paced line of bodies waiting to go through security.

Great, this is just peachy.

Her flight started boarding five minutes ago and it'll probably take her another thirty just to get through this bloody line.

She can't miss this flight, not with university and her shitty vacation days that she just used up. No, she has to get on that plane.

Readjusting her beaten up duffel bag strap, she taps her passport on her leg praying the line will start moving soon.

"Next!"
—————————
The line moves slowly... so, so slowly, but finally she's through it.

Rey half runs half hops as she pulls on her converse and books it to the gate, which of course ist the farthest away. Running up to the boarding ramp she flails around her ticket like an idiot to the airline staff, praying she got there in time.

Her breathless words rush out of her and she hands it over to the ticket manager. "Hi! I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be on this plane, here's my ticket."

"Unfortunately you're flight already left." The words make her stomach fall and that must be present of her face because the man adds, "hah I'm just kidding, go ahead and board."

Rey looses a breath thanking the heavens above that she didn't, in fact, miss her flight.

She rushes down the aerobridge, shit eating grin plastered on her face, and enters the plane. Glancing back up from her ticket she starts her long descent to the back of the aircraft, sighing as she passes the luxury seats that bless their occupants with ample amounts of leg room.

Student loans tighten her budget for things and her shitty job didn't amount for much either, as she barely had enough money to go on this trip, much less get a better seat; so the back of the plane it is.

She arrives to her row and is finally given some sort of luck today, as there is a spot open in the overhead to put her duffel. After some fighting with it she's finally able to close the door and looks down to ask her fellow passenger if she can squeeze into the middle seat.

The eyes that meet her as she asks are strikingly brown. Most everyone she knew had brown eyes, including herself, but these were different. They were rich and deep; eyes that you could get lost in.

"Of course, sure, just let me get up."

His voice. Lord help me.

Rey was suddenly flustered by this man, and was further rendered speechless as he stood... and stood... and stood.

If she felt bad about leg room she can only imagine how he feels as he stood to his full height next to her, towering above her five foot seven. Rey wasn't short by any standard, which only made the size of her fellow passenger even more intense. 

Her internal schoolgirl blushed in her mind as he sat down beside her. She shushed her thoughts.

Rey you're twenty two, get a grip it's not like you've ever seen an attractive man before.

She battles with herself as the plane moves and the flight attendants start their speech of flight safety and regulations. Rey shifts around in her seat, trying not to bump into either of her fellow passengers, as she searches for her seatbelt. Eventually, she manages to find the cold metal buckle, but not without looking like a blundering idiot. Of course she's still high on adrenaline and nerves from her attempt to catch the plane, and sitting next to well... him doesn't help.

She finally clicks the belt into place. Her victory is short lived though, because not two seconds later she's ramming her elbow into "Mr. Sculpted from marble, insanely attractive dude".

"Oh god I'm so sorry!" Rey says, tucking in her arms.

"Your fine, it happens more often than you think."

Of course it does, seeing how tall he is.

Oh is all she can think to say before she quickly adds, "I'm sure everyone wants to get their hands on you, so that probably doesn't help."
Idiot, she thinks before continuing. "That's not why I bumped you though... to get touch you I mean. Not that I had a motive to bump you."

Shut up Rey! Shut up!

"Yeah, I'm just sorry because I know I have bony elbows," she finally adds, stopping herself.

Looking away quickly before she can feel like more of an idiot she pulls out her earbuds hoping music will stop herself from saying anything else. 

For a second Rey thought she was lucky to possibly converse with this man, or more likely her schoolgirl self thought she was lucky; she now knows it's just another spit of bad luck. Blubbering Rey was the worst Rey and she's already accomplished idiocy of the highest degree with this man; spending six hours on a plane with this part of Rey ruling her primary actions is definitely her definition of bad luck.

Her point is further proven as she unlocks her phone only to have it die a second later.

Fuck this is going to be a long flight.

A/N: HI! So In light of my recent traveling this AU popped into my head and I decided to write it and give it a go. It is not in my oneshots because I think this will end up being more of a short story. I'm looking forward to see how these two interact!

Leave me a ⭐️ if you liked it and be sure to comment!!!