S E V E N

As everyone quieted down and sat on their seats. Robert clearly sat next to Heather and Eddie. He was having a hard time to concentrate due to a headache and Jean sitting right across him across the room. Heather switched her gaze which shifts to the Professor to Knox who was busy playing his hands looking down. She felt a lump in her throat before clearing it softly. His gaze shifts onto her before smiling. She kept her eyes on the teacher.

"Now class...I need you all to quiet down for this class because for the next several weeks there is going to be an...Event..." Everyone started to whisper to each other. Heather frowns. Her mother never announced any of this nor did her father. The professor walks around looking at everyone in the eye.

"You all might be thinking...What kind of event is this? Well, my fellow students...This event is a formal dance." Every girl shrieks in excitement even Heather had to admit, she was also dead excited for such event that has never occurred to her when she was younger.

"I know ladies!" All of the girls quiet down.

"This is a very exciting moment for you to dance with your fellow...Boys which leads to my next point." The woman walks across the room to turn on the stereo.

"I need a volunteer...Ah! Mister Freelancer! Stand up on your two front toes!" She says, the boy looked confused. The woman gripped on his arm hoisting him up. The boy stands up and stood in front of her. Being the girl who didn't like the Slytherin gang, she felt the pain of having to not ask for volunteering. Everyone whistled at him. Heather and Robert laugh looking at their fellow rival getting his sweet revenge.

"Now Mister Freelancer...Place your arm around my waist..." Everyone laughs at him. He was caught off guard at the person before the boy placed his arm around the woman's waist.

"Now...Follow my movements...One...Two-"

"Three..." He says moving back and forth to her. The lady nods before the music stops.

"Now everyone!" Everyone stands up, Robert stares at Jean who was looking for a partner. Heather saw the connection and nudged his shoulder. The boy turns to her before rolling his eyes. What shocked her was that instead of asking Jean, he asked Heather. He gripped on her arm pulling her on the dance floor. The girl had wide eyes but laughed it off.

"Diff..." She whispers. The boy chuckles.

"Shut up..." He says. Heather turns her head in the opposite direction of Robert who turns his head to the right. He saw something very unknown on Knox's face. Jealousy. Robert frowns before Knox saw the look on Robert's face. He turns his head away looking for no one instead of suffering his feelings for someone else. Why was he looking so sad? Was he jealous? Robert shrugged his shoulders before continuing the practice.

As they practised to the music, getting used to the feeling. It was dinner time. People rushed to the great hall suffering gratefully as their stomachs ached to the amount of food on the tables. Everyone sorted themselves to their houses. Heather laughs alongside Eddie who was telling her about the clutsy move he did to Kelly Vimini, a fellow Slytherin forced to dance with him due to orders.

"I'll see you later!" She says waving him off. The boy waves her goodbye before she sits on her bench to be greeted to the smell of chicken that made her mouth drool.

"He forbids it!" Says a boy. Everyone digs in picking a piece. Heather picked up a piece of chicken and biting it off, slowly. Robert had his hands clasped seeing the hands that aggravated the plates. Heather frowns.

"Why Robert?" She asked. Robert looks at her.

"Oh, if I took the piece of chicken now, I'm afraid that someone will bite off my hand." The girl chuckles eating the piece of chicken due to her big appetite. That was when the headmaster clapped his hands for everyone to look at him. The whole room became silent. Heather turns her head to the side.

"Welcome! Students of my year!" Everyone wooed as he announced. That was something that they all liked about Headmaster Dippet, is that he was kind, welcoming and wise. He wouldn't harm a soul if it weren't for the three troublemakers.

"I mustn't disturb you in your dines but for the upcoming next week or sorts...This school will not be only for those of your years so be bare in mind Mister Barnacle." The boy from the Slytherin table was being laughed at. The boy laughs defending himself. The headmaster smiles at him.

"Our school will be divided into two other groups...Those in which will represent for the triwizarding tournament amongst you all. But that being said...Later on, will be said next Monday. Please!" He demands before everyone enjoyed their meal or two comparing the portion Robert got. A plate filled with pie and chicken. Heather rolls her eyes, wondering who will be the champions of this year.