Chapter 8

Logan's POV

The next couple of days flew by, and soon, it had been a week since we'd first gone to this school. There hasn't been much more excitement, but I'd been getting closer to all of Derek's group, especially Derek. Ethan was pretty cool too and I'd been able to talk to him, not only in class, but also when Ethan introduced me to him after school.

He pulled at my arm until I followed, and he lead me to Ethan's classroom. I didn't know what Derek was doing, but I was ready for excitement. When we walked in, Trey was talking to him and they both looked up at us, laughing from what must have been a previous joke. After stopping, they welcomed us in.

"Hey, Logan! I'll be late tonight, can you kept the guys under control? You can use the cash to get some pizza or whatever." Trey asked me.

I shrugged, excited to be in charge, "Sure. What will you be up to?" I narrowed my eyes, not out of worry, because I knew he could take care of himself. It was more out of curiosity.

He got quiet and Ethan let out a hearty chuckle. Derek grinned at his brother, and Trey just smiled nervously.

"Uh, I've got a date, for tonight."

I raised an eyebrow. "Anyone I know?"

I saw a mischievous grin from Ethan. "Me." I got a horrified look on my face, and all three boys erupted in laughter. Trey was streaming tears down his face from laughing, and Ethan had slipped off his desktop he was sitting on. Derek laughed so hard, he steadied himself with my shoulder. I honestly didn't mind that.

They finally slowed their laughter to explain. "Oh, Logan, your face!" Trey laughed. "Ethan, I mean, Mr. Mason, here has a date, and so do I, so we're gonna go on a double date tonight." He laughed a little more and the two brothers stopped laughing, settling for a huge grin.

I crossed my arms defensively, "Well, you can't blame me. What else was I supposed to think!"

Derek patted my shoulder, "it's okay, Logan!" I gave them all unamused looks, but secretly I was laughing with them, they were pretty cool.

Ethan suddenly frowned, "Wait, so did you need something, Derek?"

He nodded, "Oh! Yeah, uh, I was going to introduce you to my friends, but Logan was the only one that could come, so here she is, I guess. Logan, this is Derek, my older brother."

Ethan smiled, and it was very similar to Derek's smile. I could tell they were brothers. "Nice to actually meet you. You're in one of my classes though, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, and I have that weird internship sort of deal with you too."

He laughed at my wording. "Not a fan of it, huh?"

I shrugged, "Well, I'm still getting used to it. At my old school, we didn't do anything really like it."

Trey let out a short chuckle, "Logan will come to love it, trust me on this." He said to Ethan. "Her old school nominated her for this prize about something with the most likely to have a successful business by the age of 20, she's great with working with people, learning knew things, and all that stuff you're working on it that class." I blushed, not liking the conversation focused on me.

Derek nudged me, "You didn't tell me that." He whispered.

I made a defensive face. "You never asked. Plus, it's not that big of a deal. It was just a little thing." I whispered back.

He shook his head, impresses or amused or something. "You're too modest. And I don't have to ask, the little details about you matter to me, Logan." I didn't know what he was trying to say or if I was imagining it to be more than what he meant it as. Thankfully, Ethan interrupted our mini conversation.