Chapter One

The sounds of bombs and crackling flames could be heard from all around. The amount of firefight was massive, too much to handle.

Citizens shrieked and ran for their lives, lucky to escape alive. Although no matter what anyone did or tried to do, there was no escaping at all.

The Galra were ruthless.

So many sounds reverberated through his ears. Horrible, horrible sounds. Cries from small children. Pleas of innocent people. Glass shattering. Walls crumbling. And screaming.

So, so much screaming.

He knew there wasn't much time. He completely implied that Zarkon had intended to make this an in and out 'mission'.

But it only made him sound weaker than he was. Zarkon had attacked when they weren't ready, knowing the planet would be defenseless. He did that on purpose.

Zarkon was pathetic.

He watched everyone run and scatter, from a soldier or sentry- all for nothing until their life came to a brutal end. His turn will come...

It was all a daze, until suddenly he felt a stinging pain emanating from his right arm. He reached to grab the slashed limb and almost gave himself whiplash to see who was waiting to give a final blow.

A Galran soldier stood at the ready to kill his prey, unsheathing a remarkably long blade.

He swung once more at him, narrowly missing, if not having jumped back nearly three feet. It was unfortunate not to impale his feet in the action. The soldier chuckled cruelly as he crept closer.

You know, he was considered pretty lucky to even last this long- but alas, here he was.

The Galran lifted his monster of a sword above his head, letting out an unnecessary war- cry.

He crossed his arms into an 'x' above his head as if it would shield his body. It was in habit really, what could you have done at a time like this?

Oh yeah, maybe dive out of the way!

He stood there holding his breath, waiting to be sliced in half.

But it never came.

Instead, he heard the sounds of a sword fight, one on one. He peeked through his closed eyes, no memory of closing them.

An older Altean man was fending off the soldier. It was freaky- he was almost a spitting image of himself.

The battle did not proceed much longer until the Altean violently stabbed his opponent in the side. He shut his eyes tightly again, to not watch the bloody fate.

The Altean turned around quickly and ran over to him, still panting.

His eyes widened. The Altean really did look like him, especially now up close.

"Lance!" He shouted. How did he know his name? "Lance, you have to listen to me. Get to the pods now. You know where to find them!"

Lance just stood there, confused, trying to decipher what was happening before him. He stared past the man, his line of thought somewhere, anywhere but here. Maybe he could just imagine none of it was real. Imagination always works.

But reality was too distracting.

"Lance, can you hear me?!" The man had grabbed his forearms. His grip was tight, but you could tell he was trying to keep it together. His jewel eyes glistened with fear. Or maybe it was just the tears that flowed down his cheeks.

Lance thought he would still continue to tell him... he didn't even know, for God's sake! Or what he was doing here, wherever 'here' was. Though he had a pretty good idea. All he did know was he wanted to leave. He didn't know who this man was. But it was useless asking, his questions would just remain unanswered.