Chapter 7 ~ Fading

Third Person - Archie Baker (Baker) P.O.V

*Time Skip of Three Days*

Being overworked. Constantly being drained of Energy. Having an empty stomach twenty-four/seven... wasn't something anybody wanted to experience all at once, it wasn't something anybody wanted to experience at all, not one of those things was on anybodys list of things to do, but for Baker none of this was a choice. It was handed to him.

Baker was given symptoms of loss, sleep deprivation, depression and emptiness. Seeing those messages from his friends those days ago had filled him with, originally, fury and anger. But then sadness and betrayal washed over, making him think he was left behind, making him feel left out of the one thing he loved to do... with the people he loved the most.

Baker tiredly trudged over to his bag and reached for his half empty water bottle, sitting himself down on the cool floorboards, which ended with a thud. Baker sighed as he checked his phone for the hundredth time, but there were still no messages of reassurance from his friends, no messages indicating when their returning date is, no messages telling him how they're going and no messages begging him for forgiveness.

He let out another uneasy sigh while placing his water bottle and phone back into his large, black duffle bag, not being interested in it as he was before. When Baker pulled his hand out from his duffle bag he managed to pull out a stack of cards.

The funny thing being was that the boy didn't look at them in confusion as to why they were hidden away in his bag. He had looked at the cards with sadness, as if the cards had done something wrong...

Tears threatened to leave the boys eyes. He wanted to scream and cry for what they'd caused him, for what the cards had caused him. It might sound weird, but the cards that were in his hands, before they were violently thrown across the studio, caused great pain for the kid. But that story will be saved for another day, a day that is coming all to fast.

After throwing the cards all over the studio, the boy folded himself up into a small ball, gripping his hair as if he were trying to pull it all out, wanting it all to just end.

~0~~0~

It was already 9:40 in the evening, and light sobs filled the studio.

He was still there, he hadn't moved. His head was resting in between his legs, with his hands covering his ears as if there was something he didn't want to hear. He was still in the cradle position, with the water he once held spilt throughout his bag, creating a puddle and wetting his belongings. But he didn't care... he didn't care about anything.

Baker relied on his friends. He relied on them for warmth, for shelter, for food and for attention. 

Around his friends, the boy was considered chirpy and bouncy, but without them... he'd fallen a reck, an emotional reck. He completely lost it, he hadn't eaten within the past three days, which affected his physical and mental health, he hadn't slept at all. Instead, Baker slept uncomfortably inside the studio, using whatever pieces of clothing there was left behind by the boys. He didn't attend school within the past week and continued to practice, for god knows what reasons. They'd left! They're gone!

To most people. Three days wasn't considered a long period of time, but to Baker... to Baker three days was a lifetime. The group could consider themselves close, even calling themselves a small family, like brothers. Baker didn't have a father figure living around him, he hadn't had one since the age of five due to the divorce of his parents. He lived with his mother only, only and always having her by his side, occasionally having the boys over. The group had acted like the fatherly figure in Bakers life, but they acted like brothers mostly. He was able to turn to the boys for any reason, rather it being for fun, for support, for help, for anything basically. It was devastating that they had just left him inside the studio, all alone without mentioning any information about the tour... that was the first feeling of betrayal and hurt. It was pain that was caused by them, his family.

After crying out all of his emotions, he had glared towards the mirror in front of him, staring down the boy that was staring back at him. It was funny yet sad, the boy who was looking back at him was him, which is usually how reflections work, but his reflection had changed, and not for the better. It was obvious the amount of weight the boy had lost, it was obvious that his diet had changed dramatically. It was obvious the lack of the sleep the boy had; the eye bags under his eyes had given it away. It was obvious how hard he was pushing himself, the constant shaking of every limb on his body, which was not anywhere near normal.

Baker directed his attention to one of the cards laying by his foot.

"You Can Change Everything, How This Game Works," Baker muttered to himself, his eyes gliding down towards the bottom of the card, "Turn Over."

Whatever energy the boy had left in him was used to flip the card over, revealing a list of Five options. Words had started to appear on the card, causing the tears that he thought had disappeared reappear.

"Choose Three and Only Three, Be Wise."

"First: Display Hints."

"Second: Torture."

"Third: Discover."

"Fourth: Leave."

"And Fifth: Hurry."

From when he first received the cards, whether this was a joke or not, he played along ever since. The boy looked at the cards with sadness in his eyes, worth only the smallest glimpse of happiness appearing for a split second, remembering what the outcome for this is going to be. He studied the options carefully, wanting to make sure what he chose was the greatest idea. He ended up choosing the First, Fifth and Fourth card. New words had yet again appeared on the card saying...

"You have chosen the First Card, the Fifth Card and the Fourth Card. They will play in the order you have chosen. To start, please flip the card."

Aware of what the cards will do, Baker had hesitantly flipped the card over, which had given him a little fright as for it had gone up in flames, falling with smoke. Instead of ash falling, a new card had fallen and had said...

"This is to restart the game. If you would like to see all Six of you friends again flip this at the end, but please refrain flipping it now, it will not work, it will only cause great damage to your friends. Further damage then what is already happening. Upon flipping this card, you will reunite with all of your friends, in a time where you are all happy, but unfortunately, this day will rise again. Be careful and don't tell them of this or what had happened to them! Have fun!"

The boy sighed, placing the Card in his bag and curling up once more, in the ball he once was. He eventually drifted off to sleep, not eating or getting comfortable, just in the spot he was in.

"All you have to do now is pray."