Chapter 4: Heartbeats

Hazel drank...

And drank...

And drank...

The sound of her small gulps was heard throughout the tense atmosphere. 

Slowly but surely, the amount of blood she took in decreased by the second.

Then, she stopped.

"Are you done, Hazel?"

Hazel shifted into a straddle on Freyja's waist. The brunette wiped her mouth with her wrist and voiced, "W-who are you?"

"I'm Freyja."

"Okay Freyja, what am I-" Hazel hopped off of Freyja with inhuman speed. "Y-YOU'RE THAT WOMAN!"

Freyja sat up while the others watched the scene unfold even further.

"Yes, I know-"

"And you bit me! What the hell did you do that for?!"

"I was hungry."

"Y-you were hungry?! What are you!" The 19-year-old bellowed, which in response, Freyja sighed. 

"Don't just sigh! Speak up! Tell-"

"Stop your damn yelling, fledgling," The woman affirmed. "You're bound to me and will always be. Am I understood, Hazel?"

Hazel nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

The vampire stood up. "No need for formalities darling. I just want you to understand that you're stuck with me until you've been a vampire for long enough, okay?"

"Yeah. So, who are those three?" She pointed over to the trio who were dumbfounded.

"Oh! The red head is Yona, the big guy is Hak, and the feminine shorty who's actually a boy is Yoon."

"Hey! Stop callin' me a shorty!"

Freyja giggled while Hazel responded with, "Well, it's nice to meet you three. I'm Hazel."

"U-uh yeah."

"Whatever..."

"Hi..."

The three were still unsure about Hazel after her violence a few minutes ago.

"Alright kids, Hazel and I are gonna need to talk so go do your own thing."

They exchanged glances at each other and shrugged.

"I'm going out to find Ik-Soo," Yona announced.

"I'll sharpen my glaive."

"And I might as well do some laundry."

"Okay. Now that we're alone I'll get straight to it!"

"Straight to what?"

"Straight to jamming some simple knowledge of vampires into you, darling~! This shouldn't take long though. Maybe only a few minutes."

"Fine~"

~⏳~

After Freyja's teaching session with Hazel, the two left together in search for Yona, Hak, Yoon, and Ik-Soo.

With unintentional discreetness, they both seemed to have walked in on a conversation that involved Ik-Soo and Yona. Even though the other two were watching.

Freyja leaned up against a tree and crossed her arms while Hazel stood next to her and gazed upon the four.

"But who? What allies?" Yona asked the Oracle.