Chapter 5: Words of the Gods

"As long as he's as not much of a burden as someone else I know," Hak teased.

Yona shot back, "And who might that be?!"

Hazel and Freyja zoomed over to the hut. "I think that might be you Yona," Hazel announced.

"Where have you two been?" The beast questioned the pair.

Freyja shifted her weight and plopped her hand on her hip. "We were killing some time."

"By doing what?" The ex-princess asked.

The black-haired vampire wrapped her left arm around the fledging's waist, pulling her forward, tilted Hazel's head up between her forefinger and thumb so they make eye contact, and intertwined their legs.

"You know miss exiled princess...a little scissoring never hurt anyone." Freyja pecked a kiss on the brunette's smooth light pink lips with her plump ones, causing the girl's pale skin to ignite into crimson red.

Both Hak and Yona's cheeks hinted with a small blush until the innocent 16-year old turned to her guard, "Hak?"

"Hm?"

"What is scissoring?"

He stared at her wide-eyed but once he turned back to the one responsible for an attempt at ruining her innocence, he was only left with a melodic giggle.

"Shit..."

~⏳~

Everyone was packed and ready to head out on the journey in search of the legendary four dragon warriors. 

"Okay, you sure you're alright?" Ik-Soo asked. 

Yoon declared, "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"Hey Yoon, what's with that giant bag you've got?"

"If its books leave em behind they're too heavy to carry."

"I'm not bringing books!"

"Then what are you bringing? Let me see it."

Freyja chuckled, "You're so persistent, human."

An irk mark appeared on Hak's head, but other than that he didn't say anything.

Yoon pulled out a brown blanket from his bag. "This bag here is for the princess," He babbled. "We can hide her in it if we see Soo-Won's soldiers patrolling."

"Don't know if I like that idea."

Everybody stared at Yoon as he emptied out the contents of his bag. "I've prepared for a few other emergencies too. Wanna see?"

"That's okay we trust you. We don't have all day," Hak beseeched. Yoon stopped his movements.

"Thank you for having us."

"Goodbye, I'll miss you Ik-Soo."

"I'll be praying for your safety as you travel." 

As Yona and Hak walked away Yoon shouted, "Hey you're the one who said you wanted to see what I'm bringing so don't leave me!"

"Have a safe trip." Yoon nodded. Instead of walking with them Hazel and Freyja stayed behind. Or at least Freyja did.

"Hey, I'm gonna go with them."

"Go ahead."

Hazel nodded. "Bye Ik-Soo!" She zoomed off.

"Is there a reason why you stayed back," Ik-Soo turned to the vampire. "Ms. Freyja."

"Well..." Freyja appeared behind the Oracle but it was only due to her vampiric speed. She draped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder. "You can hear the word of the Gods, right? Then what did they say about me?"

He didn't move nor did she. The two stood there in the same position as Ik-Soo said, "You're a creature of calamity brimming with an inordinate darkness that can engulf the lands. An unnatural force that shouldn't be overlooked. One whom will be both friend and foe."

She smirked. Having lent more body weight on him, Freyja prodded, "And what did they see about me Ik-Soo?"

"...Nothing but darkness..."

~

"Long time no see kid. I've been desperate for your medicine," Addressed the old man. 

Shorty replied, "I'll trade you for some rice if you've got it."

"Yeah..." He looked over at the trio, discluding the redhead. "I've never seen you travel with friends before. You're usually alone. So, uh, who's the big guy with the stick and the two young ladies."

Hak snickered, "Y-young."

Freyja directed her full and undivided attention to him and unnoticeably glared. The only one who did notice, of course, was Hak who had a bone-chilling shiver run down his spine.

Freyja turned back to the old man, waltzed up to him, placed her hand on his shoulder, and grinned. "All you need to know is that we're his friends. Am I clear?"

The man's eyes flashed and the same did Freyja's. The man nodded with glee, "Oh alright. Here's your rice. I'll be on my way now."

He left and the group of five went on their way.

Whilst walking up the hill, Freyja hissed, "Make another goddamn old joke and I'll drain your blood till you're sick, then make you forget about it, you damn human."

"I- I get it alright."

She cheesed, "Good human."

He sighed and brought his awareness to Yona. "Princess. Princess! What are you mad about?! The indignity of being a bag of clothes."

Freyja zoomed over to trot in tow with Hazel and Yoon. 

"I know you want to ask me something shorty. Just do it. I won't bite."

Yoon exhaled. "I don't know if I believe you on that aspect. Anyways, what did you do to that old man back there? His attitude just did a whole 180!" He exclaimed.

Hazel answered, "I think she used compulsion."

"Compulsion?" The boy inquired.

"Mind control my darling~"

"Amazing," He beamed. "I wanna learn more about this...but for now. Listen up, guys!"

"We gotta lay low especially since we're passing through Fire Tribe territory."

"Yeah and if that wasn't bad enough, we're passing the Kai Empire."

"How annoying. I don't see a problem with fighting them."

"We're all not magnificent creatures like you two. We can't just go easily wiping out anyone who comes our way."

Blue guy scoffed. "Speak for yourself. I take those two down in a hea-"

Freyja grasped his throat in a firm grip with her slim, golden-brown fingers whilst holding him off the ground as Hazel locked his arms behind his back tightly.

The 'beast' struggled but got nowhere going completely unmatched to their strength.

"What are you two doing?! Put him down!" Yoon began to sprint over but was stopped by Freyja without a lift of a finger.

Freyja kept her attention directed towards Hak. "I could kill you in an instant without out a bead a sweat darling~"

She chortled. "I have no limits."