Chapter 11: Ryokuryuu

"We're finally here!" Hazel dramatically collapsed to the ground with a light thud.

Yoon retorted, "Why are you tired? Aren't you a vampire? This shouldn't be as exhausting to you."

"Well I get tired," She huffed. "I'm still human at heart."

The strawberry blonde grumbled a 'whatever' and turned his attention towards Yona who was gaping in wonderment of Port Awa's beauty.

"It's so...breathtaking."

"Have you never seen anything outside of the castle?"

The exiled princess continued to stare in awe as she replied, "No, I was never allowed to go outside the castle. I needed to be nurtured like a baby."

Although her statement sounded dejected, her excitement didn't waver.

Hak was proud of her for that.

"Your life sounded pretty boring," Hazel told as she sat up.

Yona poked out her lip and furrowed her brows. "Don't make fun of me."

"But it's cute."

A tinge of pink dusted on the redhead's face which Hazel saw so she winked to encourage it.

Her blush flourished into a bright red.

Freyja chuckled. "Stop teasing the poor girl."

"I'm going into town. You all stay here."

Hak turned to walk off, however, "Hak can I come with?" Yona stopped him dead in his track.

He observed her face closely with his chin between his index finger and thumb. "Princess."

"Huh?"

"You've gotten kind of ugly."

While Kija was appalled by the statement, calling Hak various names, Yona yelled aloud in offense.

Hazel whispered to Freyja, "That's low."

"Sure is."

As the thunder beast departed with the group, Freyja took it upon herself to walk alongside him, ordering Hazel to stay with the group.

He sighed. "What are you doing?"

"Going into to town of course."

"Didn't I tell everybody to stay put until I get back?"

"And do I have to remind you that you're the human and I'm not?"

The beast's shoulders tensed with a following irk appearing on his head.

"Why do you keep holding that over my head?" Hak grumbled. "You really make it hard for people to trust you."

The vampire twirled her hair with a small pep-in-her-step. "I never asked for trust. It's not like you're any good at trusting people," She concluded.

"Whatever you say...let's go find some supplies."

She shrugged with a cheeky grin, "Okay human."

He mumbled a few profanities then sped up, making the vampire's grin to falter into wholesome laughter.

~

"Hey, hot stuff," A random woman wrapped in a white rob asserted. "Want a good time?"

The black-haired man speedily cut the woman's offer down. "No ma'am I have a younger woman waiting for me."

He walked off with Freyja by his side.