hyunjin 💙 memories

!! AU NOT MINE !!
I WILL REMOVE IF THE AUTHOR WISHES
Words: 472 (short blurb)
Genre: angst
~💙~

“Haha, don’t play like that,” Hyunjin gently pushed Jisung's shoulder as the clingy boy went in for a playful kiss. “It’ll give me acne if you kiss me.”

“Did you just call Jisung a frog?” Jeongin asked innocently, his dimples poking out as he tried not to smile.

“What?” Felix was confused for a moment, “Oh, you mean that wife’s tale of touching a frog and it gives you warts?”

“Warts?” Chan hummed, kicking his feet from where he sat on the top of the train, “I heard it was acne too.”

“You’re all crazy,” Woojin added, hugging Seungmin as the night sky turned a lilac hue. “Its just a wife’s tale, and Jeongin's joke fell flat. Moving on.”

“You’re so mean,” Changbin rolled his eyes, taking out his phone to snap a photo of the beautiful sunset in front of them. “Let Baby Jeongin live, will you?”

“That would require being nice,” Shaking his head at the though, Minho pat Jeongin on the head, his fingers ruffling his soft, fluffy brown hair. “We do love you, promise.”

“I’ll remember to say something at your funerals,” Jeongin commented evilly, sitting his head on Minho’s shoulder.

Hyunjin stood up abruptly, stretching as if to touch the sky with his eyes squeezed shut. “I love you guys, don’t ever leave.”

When he opened his eyes it was already dark, the starless night sky above him like a dream he’d never reach. In the distance, he could see the crosses of all his friends, one by one in a line in the horizon. Tears stung mercilessly in his almond brown eyes.

“It’s all my fault, guys, I'm sorry,” He whispered, sitting down with is feet hanging off. Hyunjin looked down at the ground behind the train that’d been stationary since the accident that took all of his friend’s lives.

They told him he didn’t have to grow up, that he could go at his own pace. So maybe that’s why it was so hard to move on. Maybe somewhere in his childish mind they were still alive, still teasing each other and smiling. Still being the outcasts of the world, the Stray Kids.

He’d stay there late into the night until he could no longer feel his fingertips from the brisk air. His parents, who’d began to live with again after the accident, knew it was unhealthy of him to be gone in the late hours of the night every day, but they were powerless to stop him.

Maybe it was karma, he deduced finally as if his head were finally clear. Maybe he was never supposed to have such good friends.

But this is were stray kids stay, and he’d stay there with his friends.