Chapter 14 || Eyes(?) cream

"Good afternoon, Jungkook-ssi." an old man from the counter greeted Jungkook.

"Same, Mr. Lee." he smiled at the old man.

We both walked up to the counter and the old man eyed me before looking back at Jungkook.

"Brought a lady friend i see." i could see the smirk on the man's face while wiping off the counter.

"Oh i just recently met her from school. She's (Y/N)." Jungkook introduced me.

I awkwardly gave out a wave to the grandpa. In all honesty, i am so awkward in meeting people. Hell I'm even awkward with children.

"So what will you have kids?" he asked with a smile.

I looked up at huge menu place above. Jungkook is probably a usual here as he already placed his order which was cookies and cream.

"I'll have rocky road please." i smiled.

The old guy nodded and started scooping up our ice cream. Once we both have our sweet desserts we decided to head back to the park and sat down on the bench. It was still an early afternoon, the sky colored with blue and pink. It was a very beautiful afternoon. Children playing by the playground with their parents sitting idly by. I smiled at the sight.

"Do you ever get sad when you see those?" Jungkook asked, referring to the families.

I sighed a bit but gave him a reassuring smile.

"I used to when i was little but Jimin made me get over that and kept assuring me that we'll both get adopted some day and look where that led to." i said, chuckling lightly.

Jungkook suddenly frowned at me. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.

"What?"

"It's like something's bothering you when you said that." he pointed out.

I let out a sarcastic giggle.

"Okay you caught me detective Jeon." i raised my hands a bit in defense.

"But yeah. I mean I'm greatful that it happened, i just wished Jimin felt the same way." i said softly.

Jungkook leaned in and wrapped me in his arms. His body heat instantly made me realize how cold it was and i was greatful to have a friend like him.

"It's going to get better (Y/N) trust me and if it don't, well I'm just a call away if you want me to beat some sense into him." he chuckled.

I pushed myself off of him and laughed at his remark.

"Jungkook his still older than you." i pointed out.

"Yeah and I'm taller and much more buff than he is." he boasts.

I rolled my eyes.

"And much more handsome." he added along with a flirty wink.

"I swear to God why is all men like this?" i laughed.

We both finished our ice creams and just talked about anything in general until such time has passed it was getting late now. I looked at my phone and it was now 6:18pm.

"Shoot mom's gonna get mad at me." i immediately got up.

Jungkook stood up aswell and offered to accompany me home in which i declined since he might too get in trouble with his mom but he just brushed it off.

"Can't let a pretty lady like you walk alone in the street. My mom would be proud of me." he smirked.

I rolled my eyes playfully and 'accepted' his offer.