China X Reader - A Million Times Yes

China X Reader 

There was not a star in the night sky. The velvety blue sky looked like a never-ending ocean above you. Your boyfriend, Yao, wanted to treat you out to something special, he was taking you to a carnival.

You loved carnivals and Yao knew that. You used to go on and on about how you wished you could join them and do all the crazy things they could, and Yao loved to see you light up whenever the subject was at matter, because seeing you happy, made him happy.

Cheerful music flooded the pathways of the carnival which caused you to squeal with excitement. There were so many different stalls, and it was all too overwhelming. “Let’s do that one!” You pointed to one of those ball toss stands.

You were interested by this one since the main prize was an adorable stuffed panda. Yao laughed at your happiness, it was very child-like. “Sure (y/n).” He gleamed. He knew very well that you two shared a love for the cute and cuddly animals of this planet.

“You better get me that panda.” You sang as he payed for a ball.

“Don’t worry, I will.” He said, his face filled with determination. Oh how you loved your boyfriend, he always made the best effort to keep you happy, you couldn’t see why he loved you so much, but you loved him with all your heart. 

With one swing all three bottles fell, the carny was quite impressed. He clapped an awarding clap and handed your boyfriend the soft panda. “Congratulations!” He exclaimed, Yao thanked him and gently handed you the panda.

You squeaked with joy and hugged the plush tightly. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” You screamed as you gave Yao a sweet kiss on his cheek, causing him to turn a bright red. 

This night couldn’t be any more perfect. You thought to yourself. Obviously you had no idea what was in store for you.

You hummed an unidentifiable tune as you two strolled through the carnival. The thing you loved most about carnivals, was the vibe they gave off, always happy and cheery. A cotton candy stand caught your attention, and you found yourself drooling over the delicious clouds of sugar.

Yao chuckled slightly, you were just so cute! “Do you want some?” He asked.

“No.” You said pointing to your tummy. “I’m gonna get fat.”

“Oh come on (y/n).” He dreaded that you would answer like that, you were nowhere near fat. “I’m buying you some.” You shook your head and gave in.

You took a bite into the soft candy and savoured every morsel of sugar. The best thing was that you were sharing it with Yao. 

“Thank you~” You cooed. Your boyfriend knew you too well, which you were actually super happy about, you were sure if it was somebody else they wouldn’t actually buy you the cotton candy. 

“Haha, no problem.” He kissed you sweet lips, which caused you to turn red, and awkwardly rub the back of you head. Even though you’d been dating for five years you would still find yourself blushing and getting nervous once in a while.