Chapter 21

"Shannon, I'm so sorry, I forgot to set my alarm," I blurted out before she could go off on me. "Yeah, obviously. We could've both been sent home. Last time I cover for you," she said sternly. "I know, I know. I'm sorry, I'm not even sure what happened last night," I said nervously. She shook her head and stormed past me to grab her purse and phone. "Pleaseee forgive me. I'll buy your breakfast?" I offered, flashing her my 'please-forgive-me' smile. She let out a deep sigh and looked at me. "Fine. But, only if you promise to tell me every detail of what happened last night," she said. "Deal," I agreed, and we walked out of the door hand in hand.

     After separating into groups and taking the bus into town, we stopped at a small coffee shop for breakfast. I made my way up to the counter and ordered two tall carmel ice blended cappucinos for Shannon and I. I held my hand out to recieve my change from the cashier. She completely missed my hand and 36 cents worth of coins bounced on the counter top. I looked up at the teenage employee to see if there was something wrong with her or if she was just plain stupid. When I followed her gaze to the entrance of the shop, I found my answer.

   There was a swarm of crazed teenage girls crowded around five familiar faces that I had come to recognize too well. Harry, Niall, Zayn, Louis and Liam pushed their way through the girls and into the store, stopping briefly to pose for a few pictures and sign some autographs. I waited toward the back of the place in line to recieve my coffee. I tried to remain hidden so that the boys wouldn't see me. There were people taking pictures of them everywhere, and I did not want to be in any of those pictures. I hated being photographed, especially by strangers. But it was no use. I accidentally made eye contact with Harry, and felt my heart race. I figured he would come talk to me for a minute while waiting in line, but instead, he barely acknowledged me. He walked toward the front of the line and grabbed his coffees over the counter, quickly glancing over his shoulder to smile at me. I smiled and waved in return, feeling a little shut down. The rest of the boys quickly left the store, and Shannon quickly walked over to join me in line. "What was that all about?" she asked. "I'm not sure, actually," I replied. "He acted like he didn't even know you," she said. I nodded, just as my phone vibrated in my purse. I reached into grab it and see who it was. The screen lit up and read : New Text Message - 'Harry Styles'.