Chapter 24

[I'm sorry it's been so long.. but I love this fanfic & am gonna try to keep it going]

     I stood there, my face hot, palms sweating, heart beating a mile a minute. I couldn't even process what just happened. Harry said he liked me. I told him I liked him. I've known the kid for a few days and I've already developed feelings for him? I wasn't sure what kind of feelings they were, but they were there. Stuff like this never happened to me.. ever. We stood there in silence. His eyes never left mine, and the smile never left his lips. He pulled me in closer, but I resisted and turned away. "Look.. you can see every thing from up here," I blurted out as I pressed my face up against the glass window. We had reached the very top of the London Eye. Harry didn't say a word, and I didn't turn around to look at him either. I was confused. Everything was happening so fast, and I didn't know if I liked it or not. Neither of us said a word as we exited the ride. Harry put his hood and sunglasses back on as we made our way down the street. He grabbed my hand, but I quickly shoved it in my coat pocket. "I need to find my tour group," I said, stopping to look around. I refused to make eye contact with Harry as he looked around helplessly. "Is that them, over there? By the art exhibit?" he pointed. Great, more art. "Yeah, I think so. I'll see you later," I said as I turned to walk toward them. "Lex," Harry said, grabbing my arm. I turned back around and finally made eye contact with him. "I'm sorry," he said. "Wh...Why? You did nothing wrong," I said. I was starting to feel bad for making him think otherwise. "I shouldn't have kissed you. We just met. That's not like me at all, I just couldn't help myself," he said. "No, it's not your fault. It has nothing to do with that. I don't know.. I'm just confused," I said quietly. "Let me take you on a date," he blurted out. I just stared at him. I didn't even know if I wanted to go on a date with him. "Like a real date. A nice dinner, and I'll show you some of my favorite places around town. I promise it won't be weird. Just as friends, you know.. I want to get to know you better," he said. It all sounded tempting.. and he did say just as friends. "Alright," I sighed. "Tomorrow? I'll call you," he said. I nodded, and he pulled me in for a hug. He smelled so good, and was so warm, it made me want to hug him even tighter. "I'll talk to you tomorrow," I said over my shoulder, as I headed toward my group. When I was half way there, I glanced over my shoulder only to see Harry standing in the same spot, watching me walk away. 

     I managed to sneak to the back of the group, but I couldn't find Shannon. Suddenly, I felt a bone crunching grasp on my wrist. I let out a yelp, only to have the entire group turn and look at me in confusion. "She has a mild form of terrets," said a familiar voice next to me. I turned to see Shannon, her fingers wrapped tightly around my wrist. I glared at her and ripped away from her grasp. "That's what you get. You keep leaving me," she said. She sounded pissed off. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm so confused right now, I don't even know what's going on," I whispered. She raised her eye brows at me. "It's a long story," I mumbled. "Whatever," she mumbled. I grabbed her hand and gave it a tight squeeze. "I'll explain later, promise," I said. 

     The exhibit was in an old, musty building, that was dimly lit and extremely cluttered with various works of art. I was bored to death, which caused my mind to start racing about what was going on. I stopped to 'admire' one of the sculptures on display. It was a naked woman, with an arrow through her chest that came out of her back. What a painful way to die.. Sometimes I wish someone would shoot me with an arrow. Not really though. As I was admiring the dead lady, I felt a tight grasp on my wrist. Assuming it was shannon, I pulled away and turned to tell her how stop being creepy. However, when I turned around, it was not Shannon who had grabbed me. It was a tall, dark haired figure in a hood. "Harry?" I whispered. The figure reached up to pull the hood off his head, and as soon as the light hit hise face, my heart raced. "Hey," he said. Only.. it wasn't Harry.