Chapter 15

It was Zayn. Again. "I thought you left...?" I questioned. "They sent me back in to find Niall. Last time we left him here was a big mistake," he said. I couldn't help but laugh. "He just left to taken Shannon back," I said. "Do you have to go back soon as well?" he asked. "No, she's covering for me tonight," I replied. "Good," he said with a wink. I arched my eyebrows and walked away, before I did something I'd regret. I quickly glanced over my shoulder and saw Zayn watching me walk away. I was hoping Harry hadn't seen that.. but I was not so lucky. "I'm going to say something to him," he said when I reached the bar. His words were beginning to slur together. I assumed he had another drink or two while I had been away. "He was just asking me where Niall was, that's all," I reassure him. He shook his head and placed his hand on the small of my back, pulling me closer. "I just.. I just like you, Lex. Kind of.. a lot," he said drunkenly. I smiled. He was a cute drunk. "You like me? What does that mean?" I asked jokingly. I had pretty much sobered up at this point. He stared at me for a moment, pondering my question. "Well.. you see.. erhm.. you're beautiful. And every since I met you, I haven't stopped thinking about you," he said. I could feel my face heating up, so I looked away. "You seem very genuine. And you're funny, I like that. Uhm.. and.. you're very fit," he giggled. "I think we're very compatible." I nodded in agreement. I was a little taken aback, no guy had every said those things about me or to me. He was drunk, yeah, but everyone says that drunk words are sober thoughts. I was okay with that. "We should probably go," I said. "I don't want to take you home," he said, pouting like a little kid. I laughed and said, "You don't have to tonight. Shannon is covering for me, so I'm good." His frown turned into a giant cheeky grin. "Let's go," he said. 

     He called a cab that arrived fifteen minutes later. We hopped in the back seat and Harry told the driver an address. "They all went back to Liam's, is that cool?" he asked me. They? That meant Zayn was there, which also meant this could be extremely awkward. "Yeah, that's fine," I said. Harry scooted close to me and placed his hand on my thigh. I laid my head down on his shoulder. "Are you sleepy?" he asked, poking my leg. "Mhmmm," I groaned. Soon we had pulled up at Liam's, and Harry paid the driver. I helped Harry out of the car as he stumbled toward the door. "You need some water," I said, grabbing his hand. "I'm fine.. really. But you can take care of me if you want," he said, looking at me and grinning. Harry opened the door and the boys we're all in the kitchen, making food. "HAYYYYY," Harry called out. They all turned around and laughed at his drunkenness. "Again, Harold?" Louis called from the kitchen. Harry just laughed. They all greeted me as well, and thanked me for controlling him. I forced myself to not make direct eye contact with Zayn. I found a water bottle in the fridge and handed it to Harry. "Drink," I said, rubbing his back. "Yes ma'am," he replied. Even though I wasn't looking at him, I could tell Zayn was looking at me. Louis whispered something in his ear, and I saw him laugh and shake his head. I could already tell this was going to be an interesting night.