Not Good, We Have Been Surrounded

Feng Yu Heng only looked back at her, declining to back down. But Feng Yu Heng's gaze held even more hidden intentions when compared to imperial concubine Gu Xian.

Imperial concubine Gu Xian met this gaze for a long time but could only gradually relent. Taking a deep breath, she no longer wanted to speak with Feng Yu Heng.

But she was the one who had called her here, so she could not just send her away. Moreover, she did not believe that the Feng family's second young miss was someone that could be sent away so easily. Thus she quietly sighed and said: "Recently, county princess Ji An has been flourishing quite well."

Feng Yu Heng responded: "It cannot compare to father Emperor's feelings for imperial concubine Xian."

Imperial concubine Xian retorted: "The one that his Majesty holds most dear is imperial concubine Yun."

Feng Yu Heng then said: "But this did not lead to him treating you poorly."

In just this short exchange, she had managed to pick up on imperial concubine Gu Xian's tendencies when talking. This 13 year old little girl really could not be looked at as a young girl. Every word she said struck just right. They did not carry praise or flattery, but it also did not demean, which allowed her anger to gradually pass, causing her to slowly calm down.

"You aren't afraid that you won't be able to retrieve the imperial favor and support from the officials?" She asked the question that filled her mind with the most doubt. Her question was not clear, but Feng Yu Heng could understand.

The imperial favor was about the Emperor treating the eldest prince well. The support was in reference to the officials placing their support in the eldest prince. These things that had originally belonged the the ninth prince and third prince now belonged to the eldest prince alone. What if the eldest prince suddenly had a different idea, would she not have helped someone else?

But Feng Yu Heng smiled, "I am, but there are many things that still must be done even when afraid. Moreover, even if the imperial favor and support cannot be retrieved, there will not be anyone to inherit them."

Imperial concubine Gu Xian's heart tightened. This made it clear that her son was being used, and it was for an insulting reason that she had no choice but to accept. Xuan Tian Qi was unable to have children. For a prince, this was something that would be considered fatal. Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Qi had agreed that she would cure his impotence, but when would she do it? Did she have the ability to cure it?

"You do know that the knowledge of how to produce steel will put your life at risk, right?" Imperial concubine Gu Xian truly feared that Feng Yu Heng would end up dead. The granddaughter of the Yao family, according to rumors, was even more skilled than divine doctor Yao Xian, and this gave her a bit of hope. But at the same time, she had placed her own life at risk. If she died, everything would have been for naught.

"Imperial concubine." Feng Yu Heng looked at her with a smile, "Regardless of the reason, imperial concubine being worried about A-Heng's life is something A-Heng is very grateful for. But if I cannot even protect my own life, I have no right to stand next to my future husband. At the same time, if Da Shun is not even able to protect my life, it does not have any right to receive my method for producing steel." Imperial concubine Gu Xian felt more and more that the girl in front of her had a special aura. She did not seem to be speaking very loud, but every word she said was forceful and aggressive. She could only admit that Feng Yu Heng was completely correct.

"This one wanted to call you over much earlier." She spoke truthfully, "Because there were some things were in the way, it got delayed until today. The plan was originally to meet you today after the banquet, but what was to be said definitely was not this. During the banquet, you breaking the iron essence is not something this one foresaw. Thinking about it, Qi'er being used by someone like you is not a loss. But, a girl being too powerful is not a good thing. You should make some considerations for yourself."