Old Cucumbers Need Green Paint

Following this, the hidden guard disappeared in an instant. Fan Tian Man let out a long sigh and said with concern: "Imperial brother, can this matter be done?"

"It must succeed." Fan Tian He coldly said: "Each of Da Shun's princes has looked at the throne for many years. Which of them has not looked for a support to rely on. How could the master behind that person's back be willing to let go of my Gu Shu."

"But..." Fan Tian Man was still worried, "Didn't father emperor say that Gu Shu must maintain its current status, and we must not participate in Da Shun's battle for the imperial throne? How come elder brother has forgotten?"

Fan Tian He reached out and patted her head for a while, "Is this something that you can choose not to participate in so easily? Think about the new report that we have received. Zong Sui has gotten close to Prince Yu, and the person behind Qian Zhou is Prince Xiang, I believe. Now, that general has set his eyes on us, all that remains is Gu Mo. Sooner or later, they will not be able to escape."

Back in the Feng manor, Feng Jin Yuan was kneeling in front of the matriarch in the matriarch's bedroom in Shu Ya courtyard. He explained his reasoning to the matriarch: "Mother, the Feng family can't continue to remain without a head wife. But after looking all over Da Shun, who has a status that can compare with eldest princess Kang Yi? If I take ten thousand steps back, one could be found, but can you not sympathize with son this time? Son and Kang Yi are both happy. Mother, can you not look at this and agree with son's request?"

The matriarch's expression was serious. Looking at the son kneeling before her, she could neither curse nor beat him. In the end, it was she who had decided to bring Kang Yi into the manor. The interactions between Kang Yi and Feng Jin Yuan was something that she had seen, and they had filled her heart with joy.

But the events that followed truly caused her to feel regret. She had originally thought of finding an excuse to send Kang Yi back to the posthouse. After the 15th, they would leave the capital as special envoys. With such a great distance between the two countries, Feng Jin Yuan would no longer yearn for her.

But she never thought that the prince of Gu Shu would suddenly come and instigate matters. This caused Feng Jin Yuan to take the initiative to make the situation clear.

"Jin Yuan, you must know that the princess of a foreign country is not someone like Yao shi or Chen shi. Her position is lofty, and she has power. Will you be able to support her in any situation?" The matriarch spoke bitterly: "Moreover, she also has a child. Those are two princesses. How do you want for the other children in the manor to continue living?"

"Mother has been able to interact with Kang Yi for a few days. Could it be that you are still unable to see how dignified, stable and magnanimous she is? Son trusts that she will definitely treat the other children of the manor with just as much love as Ru Jia. She will not allow any of the children to suffer grievances."

"Is that so?" The matriarch quietly snorted, "The matter of the lanterns today was already a pretty great grievance. What else are you wanting?" Upon mentioning this, she became quite angry. Even Bu Bai Qi was able to bring elder madam Bu out to look at the lights, so why was the son that she had raised only worried about his love life? Kang Yi had not even married into the family, yet she was already so favored. Not to mention the children, even she, as the mother, would end up being forgotten.

Feng Jin Yuan quickly explained: "That was all son's fault. It is unrelated to Kang Yi. Also, didn't Kang Yi promise to provide compensation? If a foreign country's eldest princess said that she would protect them, how grand of a promise is that! Mother!" His expression became serious, as he lowered his voice, adding: "In truth, son is not just considering these things."