When saying No is Saying Yes to Jesus

Earlier in church, I got the chance to lead in our teachers' devotion and my heart was led to Matthew 6:25-34. It was a heartwarming sharing especially that I was able to recall how God has shown His Providence to my life. And now I'm sharing this to everyone to remind us all that our great Father is always there for us.

A decade ago, while I was waiting for my graduation, a job offer from a media personality came in. It was a month before the Vacation Church  school which I committed myself to teach as a ministry. It was my first ministry and the job offer was also tempting enough. I'll get to be working in a media outfit in Makati but I had to turn it down because of the VCS. I didn't tell anyone about it even to the church member who encouraged me to teach. A month passed after the VCS and still I had no work. At times I would recall the job offer and would feel burdened about it  but another part of me was telling me to wait and put my trust in the Lord.

A couple of days before my birthday then in 2008,   I got a call that I was okay to start working at Southville and guess what, my first day was June 23, a day after my birthday, June 22. Fast forward to 2018, I'm still connected with Southville and has gained a lot of weight, friends, mentors and  experience, plus pictures with some celebrities and renowned personalities 😂😂😂. I might have faltered a bit back then of the decision I made, but still God had greater plan for me.

Truly God's provision is evident if we put our trust in Him.  #SundayReflections #ErrStories 

  #SundayReflections #ErrStories