True Power

Inside the dangerous swirl that was the whirlpool, Sonic felt a massive drain of strength. After a few more whirls and cries, Sonic knew he needed help to get out of here. But he couldn't endanger any of his friends, they would no doubt get stuck in the powerful whirlpool. 

So, with only one other idea in mind, he gave it a try.

"Guide!" He called out as loud as he could. "Guide, I need you!"

After a few seconds of nothing, Sonic felt ready to give up as his tail began to lose strength. But a sudden flash of green that changed the whole inside of the whirlpool, slowing it to a near halt as the Guide reappeared.

"You called?" The fairy creature asked.

"Yes." The blue hybrid cried as he breathed in relief. "Yes, I need help. Please."

"I will offer you your greatest desire." The smaller male told him as necklace started to glow brightly. "I'll send you back home to Malibu, and your sae fae half will go away; you'll be just a normal teenager, and it will be as if none of this ever happened."

"You can do that?" Sonic gasped as he felt his heart leap.

"It is your greatest desire, if you wish it, it's yours." He confirmed. Home, with his uncle and friends, no powers and no fear of getting caught and dissected on some lab table or locked in an aquarium; but he paused

"But, all of this trouble will still be happening in Atlantica? I just won't be part of it?"

"But you would have your dream come true." The Guide pointed out.

"Yeah, but everyone else would pay for it."

"Will you accept the wish?" He asked.

"No." Sonic said firmly after thinking a few moments. The thought of of his new friends, as well as countless others, being trapped in one of Bernadette's dungeons sent shivers down his spine.

"Whatever I am, I am Sonic, half sea fae prince of Atlantic, and it is my duty to protect my subjects!" He stated as he held his head up proud.

Suddenly there was a bright flash of pure white blinded him and lit up the whirlpool. When his eyes adjusted to the light, Sonic gasped when he saw the final Chaos Emerald floating a few feet in front of him.

He quickly looked around and saw that the guide had suddenly vanished when the last emerald had finally appeared.

Just as he reached for the emerald, the other six in his bag suddenly sprung out and all seven started circling him. The glow increased in color, forcing Sonic to close his eyes again. After the glow faded, he was still in the whirlpool, except he wasn't stuck to the side.

Looking around, he tried to figure out what happened.

He looked at his arms and gasped when he saw that his fur was a different colour! His blue fur and scales had changed into a golden colour while his black marks were glowing white! His tail fins where still the same colour yet his emerald green eyes had changed to red.

After getting over the initial shock, Sonic began to swim and realised that this new form was much more stronger then before, allowing him to battle the whirlpool.

He grinned before looking to the top of the whirlpool...

******

"Once again, I've rescued you, my subjects; Aleena's son will never bother us again!" Bernadette called out to the crowd.

As everyone murmured to the one next to them, the queen turned to the three teens who had helped Sonic. They were currently being restrained by her guards.