Family

As he happily swam through the calm ocean, Sonic noticed the great difference in the ocean waters. The atmosphere seemed to be lighter and lively and he saw colour and life returning to the corals.

An hour later, the blue hedgehog was at the beachfront that was in front of his house.

As he crawled out of the water, he saw Chuck working on a new machine. The blue teen smiled as he heated the water off his body and walked over to the older hedgehog.

"Unc." Sonic said, making his guardian look up.

"Sonny?" Chuck questioned, and then smiled as the two embraced. "Oh, lad. I was scared you weren't coming back."

"I'll always come back Uncle Chuck." Sonic smiled.

"So, you're okay? You promise you're okay?"

Sonic just laughed and hugged his father-figure...

******

The next day Sonic, Sally, Amy and Tails were all on the crowded beach, cheering as Knuckles battled against Scourge on one of the giant waves that kept rolling in. 

When they found out Sonic was back, his friends wanted to know everything that had happened but the teen dismissed their pleading and said he'd tell them after he's managed to get his head around it himself.

The entire crowd suddenly cheered and laughed was Scourge tried to slam into the echidna, only for the larger male to move out the way and cause the green hedgehog to fall face first into the water.

Knuckles laughed as he sat down on his board and began to swim back to the beach.

"And the winner is: Knuckles Hazine!"...

******

Later that day, Sonic took his uncle and friends out to the rocks where they had met Silver for the first time. It was there where he introduced them to his mother and to his new friends. He was worried that they might not get along but he was proven wrong.

Something he was very glad for.

The girls seemed to hit it off almost instantly, they were constantly talking about fashion and boys from both worlds. Manic and Knuckles seemed to enjoy talking about the items the green sea fae had stuffed in his fanny pack.

Silver and Tails were also asking each other lots of questions about each other's worlds.

Shadow was only there because he wanted to make sure the royal family was safe, as it was his job. But Sonic didn't mind because they were together, as a family. Just how it should be. How he'd make sure it always will be...

THE END